Ballots for the fall election are being mailed out to San Juan County voters on Tuesday, Oct. 13, so you should get yours shortly. You are encouraged to vote as early as possible, then mail in your ballot right away or put it in the drop box if you have one on your island. Here are the locations of drop boxes for the three most populated islands:
San Juan Island: Election Office at 55 Second Street Suite A in Friday Harbor.
San Juan County Court House at 350 Court St. in Friday Harbor.
Orcas Island: Orcas Island Senior Center at 62 Henry Road in Eastsound.
Lopez Island: Lopez Island Fire District Office at 2228 Fisherman Bay Road on Lopez Island.
You should have received our voter recommendation postcard in the mail. The article below also contains our recommendations, and we will be running advertisements in the local media carrying this information as well.
Endorsements and recommendations
• President/Vice President: Joe Biden & Kamala Harris
• Congress: Rick Larsen *
• Governor: Jay Inslee *
• Lieutenant Governor: Marko Liias
• Secretary of State: Gael Tarleton
• Treasurer: Mike Pellicciotti
• Auditor: Pat McCarthy *
• Attorney General: Bob Ferguson *
Public Lands Commissioner: Hilary Franz *
• Insurance Commissioner – Mike Kreidler*
• Public Instruction Supt. – Chris Reykdal *
• State Senate: Liz Lovelett *
• House Position 1: Debra Lekanoff *
• House Position 2: Alex Ramel *
• Supreme Court Judge: Raquel Montoya-Lewis *
• Supreme Court Judge: G. Helen Whitener*
• County Council Position 1: Ryan Palmateer
• County Council Position 2: Cindy Wolf
* Denotes Incumbent
Approve: Washington Referendum 90, Sex Education in Public Schools Measure.
CHARTER REVIEW COMMISSION is a non-partisan body to review and update the county charter every 10 years. We recommend these candidates without regard to party because we believe they are the best choices. You vote for candidates on all islands.
District 1 (9): Maureen See, Bill Appell, Patty Garcia, Kyle Davies, Richard Grout, David Dehlendorf, David Meiland, David Anderson, Tom Starr
District 2 (6): Kevin Ranker, Janet Brownell, Olivia Roseberry, Anne Marie Shanks, Minor Lile, Sharon Abreu
District 3 (3): Liz Lafferty, Robert O’Connell, Jane Fuller
San Juan County Democrats