The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• Orcas deputies checked on a report of cows in the road near Swan Road. When they got there, all the cows appeared to be behind the fence and none on the road.
• A Lopez deputy was called to assist a homeowner in identifying five cows that had wandered onto their property. The cows’ owner was identified and claimed the animals.
• A deputy responded to an agency assist call in Friday Harbor and facilitated an inmate transport via airplane.
• An Eastsound man was arrested on Orcas for trespassing at Madrona Point.
• San Juan deputies took a report of a verbal domestic incident. No crime was reported.
• Deputies responded to an Eastsound address on a report of a person in a mental crisis. Further investigation revealed that the subject was a danger to themselves and was transported to Peace Island Hospital in Friday Harbor for evaluation.
• A Lopez deputy was advised of the possibility a kayaker was missing. It was learned the kayaker was very experienced and had simply left on an overnight trip to a neighboring island.
• A deputy on San Juan took a report of a suspicious incident, found later to not be of a criminal matter.
• An Orcas deputy took a call about a sick animal Orcas Road. The owner was contacted and they picked up the animal.
• San Juan deputies were dispatched to a report of a hit-and-run, non-injury accident. Upon locating the suspect’s vehicle, the driver agreed to pay for the damages.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped a driver for having an expired vehicle registration. The driver was issued a citation for failing to utilize a child restraint.
• Deputies on San Juan conducted a narcotics investigation that resulted from a traffic stop and a citizen’s tip. The investigation is ongoing.
A San Juan deputy issued a driver a citation for failing to signal a turn, and warnings for defective taillights and failing to display a current license plate on the vehicle.
• A deputy on Orcas received information about people who were traveling in violation of the Corona Virus travel restriction. Once they were located, the couple was provided information on the travel restriction and the need to quarantine for the next 14 days.
• Orcas deputies were dispatched to an agency assist in Eastsound. The person was not located and the agency the deputies were assisting called off the case.
• A deputy responded to a possible COVID-19 order violation on San Juan. The business was warned.
• An Orcas deputy was dispatched to a parking problem near the ferry landing. The vehicle was gone when the deputy arrived.
• A Lopez deputy discovered an unattended disabled vehicle partially in the roadway in an intersection. The owner was contacted, and the vehicle was removed shortly thereafter.
• Orcas deputies responded to a possible domestic incident near the golf course. After an investigation was completed it was determined that nothing had happened.
• A Lopez driver received a warning for speeding.
• Deputies responded to a boating call in Eastsound. The calling party stated they saw a boat pulling into the Eastsound dock. Deputies made contact with the people on the boat and learned they were residents from Deer Harbor Marina coming to stock up on groceries.
• A deputy on Lopez completed a report for minor damage to county property.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a suspicious circumstance complaint.
• A deputy on San Juan arrested a driver for driving on a suspended license.
• A deputy on Orcas was dispatched to a harassment call in Eastsound and met the complainant at the island’s substation.
• Deputies on San Juan contacted a person wanted for multiple warrants for their arrest. The subject was arrested and booked in jail.
• A deputy on San Juan attempted to stop a vehicle for speeding. The driver was later found and issued a citation for speeding 92 mph in a 35 mph zone.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped a driver for failing to use a turn signal. The driver was issued a citation for not having insurance.
• A San Juan deputy stopped a driver for operating a motor vehicle with a suspended driver’s license. The driver was arrested for driving with a suspended license in the 3rd degree; for possession of a controlled substance; and for drug paraphernalia. The vehicle was impounded.
• A deputy on Orcas was dispatched to a violation of Gov. Inslee’s stay-at-home order. The subject was provided copies of the order.
• San Juan deputies were dispatched to a citizen dispute. All parties were contacted.
• A deputy took a report of a boating incident in which a canoe could be seen washed ashore on a private island near Deer Harbor. After following up on leads, the Sheriff’s office discovered there was no emergency response necessary. The following morning, deputies recovered the canoe.
• A deputy on Orcas Island responded to a protection order violation and charged the subject with violation of a protection order.
• A Lopez driver was given a warning for speeding.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a possible COVID-19 order violation. The business was warned about the issue.
• A San Juan deputy conducted a check of an area and found a woman sleeping. She was asked to leave.