Submitted by Island Rec
Now that it’s getting cooler outside, join Island Rec for indoor fitness. Island Rec’s evening drop-in fitness programs at the high school’s Turnbull Gym begin the week of Oct. 1. All participants must be 16 and up, and wear clean court shoes to participate. Those ages 16 and 17 must have a parent-signed waiver to participate. It costs$3 for drop-ins, or purchase a 10-time pass for $25.
- Badminton, table tennis and pickleball are 7:30-9:30 p.m., Mondays and Wednesdays.
- Basketball is from 7:30-9:30 p.m., Tuesdays.
- Volleyball is from 7:30-9:30 p.m., Thursdays.
Additional fitness programs will begin on Nov. 1 at the San Juan County Fairgrounds.
- A new indoor soccer program is from 7-9 p.m., Mondays and Thursdays. Purchase a three-month pass for this program for $96 at the Island Rec office or at www.islandrec.org.
- Roller hockey is on Tuesdays from 6-7 p.m. for ages 5-14) and 7-9 p.m. for ages 15 and older.
- Scooter and trike is from 5:30-6:30 p.m., Saturdays.
- Open skate is from 7-8:30 p.m., Saturdays. Drop-in rates vary at the fair building.
For more information or registration, visit www.islandrec.org; call 360-378-4953 or drop by the office at 580 Guard St. from 11 a.m.-5 p.m., weekdays. The schedule for all drop-in programs is subject to change. Visit Island Rec’s program calendar at www.islandrec.org/calendar to get up-to-date information.