The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A deputy responded to a report of a dog at large on Friday Harbor. The dog owner was issued a warning letter.
• A deputy responded to a report of a sick animal in Friday Harbor.
• Orcas deputies issued a driver near Eastsound a citation for speeding 45 mph in a 25 mph zone and for operating a motor vehicle without valid proof of insurance.
• Orcas deputies were dispatched to a complaint of a suspicious vehicle. The vehicle was located, and the occupants were identified. No crime appeared to have been committed. The driver was issued a citation for a traffic violation.
• Orcas deputies located a vehicle with a defective brake light. The driver admitted they did not have insurance and was issued a citation for operating a vehicle without insurance.
• Orcas deputies responded to a reported domestic dispute near Olga. One of the involved parties was arrested for assault in the fourth degree.
• A deputy was dispatched to an unwanted person in Friday Harbor. The subject was served a trespass letter.
• San Juan deputies responded to a report of someone being thrown from a moving vehicle. The victim was located and said she was not thrown from the vehicle, but left of her own free will.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a walk-in report of a civil issue. Three trespass letters were issued. One female was arrested for an active warrant and booked into jail.
• A San Juan deputy conducted a welfare check.
• Orcas deputies contacted a driver operating a vehicle while intoxicated. After tests for determining whether a driver is under the influence were completed, the driver was issued a criminal citation and released to a responsible party.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor stopped a vehicle for speeding. The driver of the vehicle had a suspended license and a previous warrant for driving with suspended license. The driver was booked into jail.
• A deputy was contacted at the sheriff’s office in Friday Harbor regarding lost property. The reporting party had misplaced the wallet somewhere in town.
• A strong-armed robbery with an assault in Eastsound was reported.
• A deputy responded to a found-property call in Friday Harbor. The deputy located a bike that was found in a ditch in the 2000 block of Roche Harbor Road. The bike is in the station’s evidence room.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a report of suspicious fires.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a walk-in report of suspicious activity at Eagle Cove beach.
• A Lopez deputy issued a driver a citation for speeding, not having a driver’s license and not having car insurance in the 600 block of Mud Bay Road.
• A California woman issued a citation by a Lopez deputy for speeding 50 mph in a 25 mph zone on Fisherman Bay Road.
• A Lopez deputy took a resident into custody after he learned that she had two outstanding warrants for her arrest. She was transported to Friday Harbor to await a hearing with a judge.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a report of fireworks near Aleck Bay.
• A San Juan deputy was dispatched in reference to a welfare check. The person was located, found to be okay and transported home.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a two-vehicle collision. One of the drivers was passing the other, resulting in a collision.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a minor accident.
• A deputy on Orcas issued a driver a citation for speeding 58 mph in a 40 mph zone.
• A deputy responded to a report of an unwanted person in Friday Harbor. A trespass letter was completed and will be served to the suspect.
• A deputy on Orcas issued a driver a citation for speeding 48 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• An Orcas deputy on stopped a known driver for driving with a suspended license. The driver was arrested for having a suspended license in the second degree, possession of drug paraphernalia and methamphetamine, and issued a citation for failure to register their vehicle.
• San Juan deputies responded to a report of a domestic dispute. One of the involved parties had warrants for their arrest and a court order barring them from the location. They were arrested and booked into jail for the warrants and new charge.
• A deputy was dispatched to a welfare check in Friday Harbor.
• A deputy on Orcas conducted a welfare check on a juvenile.
• A deputy was dispatched to a hit-and-run on an unattended vehicle in Friday Harbor.
• A lost cell phone on Orcas was turned in.
• A deputy responded to a walk-in report of littering. There were no eyewitnesses to the event and no identifying markings on the waste.
• A deputy responded to a walk-in report of an order violation in Friday Harbor. One individual was arrested for the order violation.
• A Lopez deputy was sent to investigate a suspicious bundle wrapped in a tarp at Point Colville. The bundle contained trimmings of wild roses and other overgrowths from trail-clearing.
• A Lopez deputy was called regarding an injured eagle with a broken wing. Volunteers from Wolf Hollow responded in order to capture it and provide care.
• A Lopez deputy contacted a group with a beach fire within the Fisherman Bay Spit Preserve. They were warned that fires are prohibited, and the preserve is a day-use area only. The group extinguished the fire and vacated the area.
• Friday Harbor deputies were dispatched to a possible assault in progress. Upon arrival the parties were separated.
• An Orcas deputy issued a driver a citation for speeding 56 mph in a 40 mph zone on Orcas Road.
• A Lopez man reported that his Vespa scooter was struck and damaged while parked at the clinic.
• A Lopez man reported receiving phone calls from an unknown elderly woman pleading for help. Upon investigation the woman was not in distress but was trying to call family members.
• San Juan deputies investigated a report of a domestic assault. One person was taken into custody.