The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls:
• An Orcas Island deputy responded to a report of a suspicious package in the Eastsound area. The deputy found a taped, cardboard box that contained other boxes, which was not an explosive device, and the boxes were destroyed.
• Deputies responded to a report of a possible domestic assault occurring in Friday Harbor. After an interview with the involved parties, the incident was found to be verbal only with no need for further investigation.
• A deputy responded to a theft call at a local business on Orcas. The reporting party explained that property was taken without permission from the front of their business. The investigation is ongoing.
• In Friday Harbor, a deputy responded to a found property call. The item was entered into the evidence room as found property and a report was made with no need for further investigation.
• San Juan deputies responded to a report of a wanted person. The subject was located and arrested on multiple warrants and several new charges.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of threats. The threats were not criminal in nature and the incident was documented.
• A local driver received a citation on Lopez for traveling 61 mph in a 45 mph zone.
• Deputies responded to a location that a wanted person was in Friday Harbor. The person was taken into custody and transported to a holding cell to await arraignment.
• A Lopez Island resident requested advice and assistance in getting a car back that was loaned to a friend and taken off island.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a citizen assist call near Olga. The person was given the resources and help they needed.
• An Orcas deputy conducted a welfare check on a person.
• In Friday Harbor, a deputy responded to a citizen assist and filed a report.
• Deputies were dispatched to a traffic offense in Friday Harbor. Officers took the driver into custody because the driver was a suspect in another incident.
• A deputy observed an incident in the Friday Harbor area and arrested one person for assault.
• A deputy assisted a disabled motorist in Lopez Village.
• A deputy stopped a driver on San Juan for having expired tabs. The driver received a citation for having expired vehicle registration over two months, as well as having no insurance or a valid operator’s license with ID.
• A Lopez Island deputy received a report of goats running at-large, creating a traffic hazard. Once the deputy arrived, the goats were gone.
• A San Juan deputy stopped a vehicle and arrested the driver on an outstanding warrant and for driving with a suspended driver’s license. They also received a citation for not having insurance.
• An Orcas Island deputy stopped a vehicle on Mount Baker Road. The driver, a visitor to the island, received a citation for driving 38 mph in a 25 mph zone and a warning for not having current proof of liability insurance in the vehicle.
• An Orcas Island deputy took a report of an animal problem. The reporting party said that a dog got into his sheep paddock and killed one of his animals. The investigation is ongoing.
• A deputy stopped a vehicle on San Juan Island for having expired tabs and a defective brake light. The driver received a citation for having expired vehicle registration over two months.
• A San Juan deputy received a call and filed a report about a juvenile problem with the caller’s daughter.
• An Orcas deputy was dispatched to a citizen assist. The caller stated that on Oct. 27 her cat disappeared and the caller believes a lot of cats are missing. She also said she received a suspicious phone call and claimed that a business was working weird hours and thinks they may be up to illegal activity.
• A citation was issued to a person for abandoning a vehicle at a local towing establishment.
• A deputy was dispatched to a welfare check in the San Juan Island area at the request of another agency. The involved persons were contacted and a report was made.
• A Lopez deputy stopped a motorist after he saw him speeding on Fisherman Bay Road. The driver received a ticket for speeding and for failing to have vehicle insurance.