The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A deputy responded to a walk-in report of a fraud in Friday Harbor. The reporting party stated that someone attempted to file for unemployment using his name in Pennsylvania. The is no suspect information or workable leads at this time.
• A deputy on Orcas Island received a Child Protective Service referral. A report was filed.
• A deputy responded to a Lopez Island residence to investigate the death of an island visitor. The cause of death is under investigation.
• A deputy on Orcas was dispatched to an accident with a possible injury in Eastsound. All parties involved were cleared medically and the
at-fault driver was issued an infraction for following too closely and cited for driving with a suspended license.
• A San Juan deputy was dispatched to a citizen dispute on West Valley Road. After the deputy spoke with both involved parties, a report was taken.
• A deputy responded to a call-back about a delayed report of a theft that occurred in July. The caller reported a package being stolen from her mailbox. There is no suspect information or workable leads. The package was already replaced by the company.
• A deputy stopped a vehicle for speeding on Mullis St in Friday Harbor. The driver was issued infractions for having expired registration over two months and not having insurance and given warnings for speeding and not having valid registration in the vehicle.
• Deputies on Orcas Island were dispatched to an assault in Eastsound. A report was filed and the case was referred to the Office of the
• Deputies received complaints regarding a disturbance in Moran State Park on Orcas Island. Identified persons had reportedly drove their motorcycles on the lawn, approached a subject and verbally accosted him. The case is under further investigation.
• A deputy on Orcas Island received a fraud complaint. The victim stated someone identifying himself as a law enforcement officer tried to get her to send him all the money in her bank accounts. The transaction was not completed.
• A Lopez motorist was issued a verbal warning for having passengers in the back of his open bed truck.
• A Lopez deputy checked on a 911 hang-up at an unoccupied residence. A phone line malfunction is the likely cause.
• A Lopez business requested assistance with an abandoned vessel. Civil court options were provided.
• A Lopez resident reported a portion of a wrecked sailboat on the rocks near Iceberg Point.
• A deputy spoke with a Lopez Island resident about a telephone scam. The victim stated individuals claiming to be from Apple Support told him he needed to take action to protect himself because his computer and identity had been hacked. The scammers stole money from the victim during the incident.
• A deputy on San Juan was contacted at the Sheriff’s Office in reference to found property. The person turned in a found item, which was
entered into evidence.
• An Orcas Island deputy was dispatched to a lost property call.
• Deputies on San Juan responded to a domestic violence incident. A subject was arrested for assault in the fourth degree domestic violence.
• San Juan deputies responded to a report of a citizen assist in Friday Harbor.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped a vehicle for speeding. The driver was issued an infraction for 45 miles per hour in a 25 miles per hour speed zone.
• A San Juan deputy stopped a vehicle as the registered owner had a suspended driver’s license. The driver was arrested for driving under the influence, driving with a suspended license in the third degree and ignition interlock violation and was booked into the San Juan County Jail.
• A San Juan deputy was contacted in reference to a lost property. The caller left an item behind in a local business.
• A San Juan deputy recognized a driver as having a suspended driver’s license. A report and probable cause statement was forwarded to the prosecutor’s office.
• An Orcas Island Deputy responded to a lost property call.
• Lopez Island deputies were sent to a report of an incident of domestic violence in a vehicle on the south end of the island. After a thorough area check, no victims or witnesses could be located. Report made.
• San Juan deputies were dispatched to a report of domestic violence at the intersection of Spring and First Street. The female involved was arrested for assault in the fourth degree.
• A deputy on San Juan took a report of alleged child abuse. The incident occurred in another county and was documented in a report.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a residential burglary in Eastsound.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a hit and run near Deer Harbor. The incident happened a few days before and a report was taken.