The San Juan County Sheriff’s office responded to the following calls.
• A Lopez deputy completed junk vehicle affidavits at the request of a property owner to facilitate the disposal of the scrap vehicles.
• A deputy contacted a Lopez property owner and their contractor about a neighbor’s complaint about early morning construction noise.
• A woman was reported missing from Shaw Island. It was suspected she got on the morning ferry and went to Anacortes.
• An Orcas resident reported he was a victim of fraud regarding the payment of a vehicle he was selling. The reporting party learned the payment was with a fraudulent check. He was not out any money.
• A citizen turned in a cell phone that was found at Island Market. Deputies booked it into the property room at the Orcas substation.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of fraud. At this time, there are no suspects and the crime appeared to have been committed out of the county. The agency in the county in which the crime occurred was notified.
• A deputy on San Juan was dispatched to the ferry landing on a report of an intoxicated driver. The driver was contacted and arrested for driving under the influence and driving with a suspended license-third degree.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a traffic hazard caused by a broken trailer in the middle of Fisherman Bay Road. The owner was able to move the trailer without the assistance of a tow.
• Deputies on Orcas were dispatched to a possible domestic violence incident near Rosario. After an investigation was completed it was determined to be only a verbal argument.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a report of a domestic incident. Once the deputy investigated the call, they determined that no crime was committed.
• An Orcas deputy met with a victim of domestic violence.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of fraud. There are no suspects at this time.
• A deputy took a report of theft near Eastsound. The case will be sent to the prosecutor’s office for sentencing.
• A San Juan deputy issued the driver of a car traveling 60 mph in a posted 45 mph speed zone a citation for speeding.
• San Juan deputies responded to a report of a domestic incident. Both parties stated it was an argument over a parenting plan and no crime had occurred.
• A San Juan deputy conducted a welfare check and found the person heavily intoxicated.
• Lopez deputies received found property and placed it in the evidence room for safe-keeping.
• A Lopez deputy checked on a report that a person was cooking steak and potatoes over a fire on a county beach. The person was instructed to put the fire out and given a warning for the unauthorized fire. Luckily for the individual, the food was cooked to completion.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a report of a possible stolen vehicle. After an investigation was completed it was determined the vehicle was not stolen.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a reported unconscious call. It was later discovered that the person was alright; however, further investigation uncovered a controlled substance. The subject was arrested and released.
• A deputy responded to a report of domestic dispute in Eastsound.
• Deputies on Friday Harbor investigated a possible DUI. An investigation was conducted, and the driver was arrested for driving without a valid operator’s license; violating a court order; trespassing; and malicious mischief.
• Deputies on Orcas responded to a report of a domestic incident near West Beach. After an investigation was completed, the suspect was arrested, taken to Friday Harbor, and booked in the county jail.
• A Lopez deputy stopped a motorist near the Lopez Village after he saw him run a stop sign, and issued him a ticket.
• A deputy was dispatched to a suspicious circumstance in the San Juan area. The person who called had some concerns about someone contacting a minor child.
• A Lopez deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle with expired license plates. A check of the driver’s record revealed a suspended license. Charges were forwarded to the court.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for speeding and issued them a citation for operating a motor vehicle without insurance.
• A Lopez deputy stopped a driver on Fisherman Bay Road for traveling 40 mph in a 25 mph zone and issued them a citation for speeding.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped a driver on Cattle Point Road and issued them a citation for speeding 63 mph in a 45 mph zone.
• A deputy responded to a report of a possible assault in Lopez Village. The investigation revealed that two people had a business-related dispute over what could be displayed and sold at an organized sales event. There was, however, no evidence of a crime.
• A San Juan deputy entered a found item into evidence.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped a driver on Cattle Point Road and issued them a citation for failing to wear a seatbelt.
• A deputy stopped a driver on Daniel Lane on San Juan for failing to wear a seatbelt and issued them a citation for the violation.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped another non-seatbelted driver on Cattle Point Road who was also issued a citation for violating the seatbelt law.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a disturbance at a grocery store after a person refused to wear a face covering and became disruptive when asked to do so. The person left before the deputy arrived; however, they were identified and a report and a trespass letter were completed.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a theft complaint.
• A deputy on San Juan tried to stop a vehicle for speeding on Beaverton Valley Road. The vehicle turned onto Barnswallow Way and collided with a tree. The driver was arrested for driving without a valid driver’s license and issued a citation for speeding and not having insurance.
• A Lopez deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for speeding on Fisherman Bay Road and issued them a citation for traveling 43 mph in a posted 25 mph zone.
• A deputy on Orcas happened upon an auto accident where the driver had collided with two parked vehicles. The driver was issued a citation for negligent driving.
• A San Juan deputy located two boats moored at the Roche Harbor county dock that had been observed and tagged the previous night. The vessels had not moved and were issued citations for overtime mooring.
• A citizen on San Juan found an intoxicated male sleeping in his vehicle parked on First Street near Spring Street. The citizen confronted the person who then fled the area. Deputies checked the area but were unable to locate the person.
• A deputy on Orcas issued a ticket for violation of San Juan County Code 10.28.010 for mooring at a public landing.
• San Juan deputies were dispatched to a report of domestic assault. The suspect was arrested on felony assault charges and booked into jail.
• Deputies on San Juan stopped a driver for a safety belt violation. The driver’s vehicle was found to have an expired registration of more than two years. A warning was given for the seatbelt violation and a citation was issued for the registration violation.
• San Juan deputies observed a driver using a cell phone while driving. The driver was stopped and warned for cell phone use and for making an illegal U-Turn and issued a citation for not having proof of insurance, proof of registration, and for a seatbelt violation.
• Deputies on San Juan contacted two subjects consuming open containers of beer in public at Jacksons Beach. Both subjects were issued citations for open containers of alcohol in public.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a theft complaint.
• A deputy stopped a driver for speeding on Orcas and issued them a citation for traveling 47 mph in a 25 mph zone.