The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A Lopez deputy was called to a non-injury collision in the village. The damage was minor, and the involved parties exchanged information. No report was necessary.
• A report was made to the Lopez sheriff’s office regarding a missing electric bicycle.
• A deputy on Orcas stopped the driver of a vehicle on Crow Valley Road. The driver, a local man, was subsequently issued a citation for driving 56 mph in a 35 mph zone.
• A deputy was dispatched to a hit and run on an unattended vehicle in Friday Harbor. A report was taken and there are no suspects.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor issued a driver a citation for speeding.
• A motorcycle rider in Friday Harbor was issued a citation for failing to obtain a motorcycle endorsement/permit.
• A deputy on San Juan took a report of an assault and documented the incident.
• A Lopez deputy was contacted regarding a possible protection-order violation. The case is under investigation.
• A Lopez deputy investigated a dog bite complaint. The dog owner was issued a citation for having unlicensed dogs and a dog bite report was forwarded to the health department for follow up.
• In Friday Harbor, a corrections officer reported that an inmate who had been participating on the work-crew, failed to report for work, and cut off his GPS bracelet. He was charged with a violation of work-crew behavior, violating terms of the work-crew, and escaping.
• A deputy was contacted about found property in Friday Harbor.
• On San Juan, deputies were dispatched for an agency-assist involving a vulnerable adult. The allegations were deemed to be unfounded.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped a driver for being on the road with a suspended license. The driver was arrested for driving with a suspended license, for driving under the influence, possession of a controlled substance and drug paraphernalia.
• A citizen on San Juan called to report receiving multiple dog bites while working.
• A deputy on Orcas conducted a traffic stop and issued the driver a warning for speeding.
• Deputies conducted a traffic stop on Orcas and issued the driver a citation for having an expired vehicle registration more than 2 months and for not having proof of liability insurance.
• A deputy on Orcas stopped a driver for speeding. The driver received a warning.
• Deputies on Orcas responded to a report of two people arguing. The involved parties were contacted. The argument was de-escalated and no further action was required.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped the driver of a vehicle for an expired registration. The driver was issued a citation for not having a valid driver’s license with ID and having an expired registration more than two months.
• A Lopez deputy was asked to check on an elderly resident when a worker found the house standing wide open and received no response. The deputy checked the house and property and found no one on site. Then, the resident arrived home from running an errand.
• A deputy on Orcas conducted a traffic stop and issued the driver a warning for not having a front license plate on his vehicle.
• Responding to a report of gunfire, an Orcas deputy stayed in the area for 20 minutes. After hearing no noise indicating a weapon, the case was cleared as unfounded.
• A deputy on Orcas issued a ticket for mooring at a public landing, a violation of San Juan County Code 10.28.010.
• A deputy on Orcas conducted two different traffic stops and issued the drivers warnings for speeding.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped the driver of a vehicle who failed to stop at stop sign and for lane travel. The driver was arrested for driving under the influence.
• A vehicle for sale was tagged for being parked on an Orcas street.
• A deputy on Orcas issued a citation to the driver of a vehicle parked in a handicap parking stall with no placard.
• A deputy stopped to assist a vehicle that was partially blocking the roadway. The driver had hit a deer on Orcas and was checking for damage.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a single vehicle collision and arrested the driver for driving under the influence.
• A deputy responded to a delayed report of vandalism in Friday Harbor. There are no suspects at this time.
• A Lopez deputy took a report of the theft of four crab pots deployed off the mouth of Fisherman Bay. The crab pots and related gear were valued at about $350.
• A deputy on Friday Harbor responded to a citizen-assist call in the lobby of the station. A report was taken and no further investigation is required.
• A Lopez deputy was called about found property located on a south-end beach. The property was taken for safekeeping until ownership can be determined.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a vandalism call in the Olga area.
• Lopez deputies responded to a reported truck theft at Odlin Park. A short time later, the truck was returned to the park. Guests of local residents had collected the wrong vehicle after getting off a boat.
• Deputies on San Juan responded to a report of an assault. A subject was arrested and booked into jail for fourth-degree domestic assault.
• A Lopez man was stopped for operating a vehicle with non-functioning taillights A records check showed his driver’s license had been suspended. Charges were forwarded to the court.
• A Lopez deputy issued a driver a warning for speeding and failing to yield to a pedestrian in the crosswalk.
• A deputy was dispatched to a report of an unwanted person in the Friday Harbor area. A trespass warning letter was served on the person.
• A deputy was dispatched to a hit-and-run in the Friday Harbor area and took a report.