The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A deputy responded to a single-car non-injury collision in Friday Harbor.
• A Friday Harbor citizen brought a found iPhone to the sheriff’s offfice. The phone has a password security that prevented staff from unlocking the phone to determine the owner.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor took custody of a found bike. It is unknown to whom the bike belongs. It was booked into evidence for safekeeping.
• An Orcas deputy stopped a vehicle with a driver who has a warrant. The driver was arrested and able to post bail. The suspect was released with a promise to appear in court.
• Lopez deputies responded to a reported assault in a parking lot. After interviewing the involved parties and witnesses, a Lopez woman was arrested for assault and later released with a citation to appear in court on that charge.
• An Orcas deputy stopped a vehicle on Mount Baker Road. The driver was issued a citation for speeding 39 mph in a posted 25 mph zone and warned for improperly displayed tabs.
• An Orcas deputy was dispatched along with Orcas Island Fire and Rescue to a single-vehicle accident at the intersection of Orcas Road and Langell Lane. The driver, a local man, is suspected of driving under the influence.
• A deputy stopped a vehicle in Eastsound for speeding 41 mph in a 25 mph speed zone. The driver was issued a citation for speed and given verbal warnings for other violations.
• A deputy responded to a rollover vehicle collision on Deer Harbor Road on Orcas Island. The driver of the vehicle reportedly fell asleep while driving. There were no injuries or other property damage other than the involved vehicle.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a complaint of a vehicle in the village that was abandoned for several months. Deputies will attempt to contact the owner before issuing an abandoned vehicle and littering citation.
• A deputy responded to a report of drug activity in Eastsound. Upon arrival, the suspect was gone. A witness provided a statement.
• A deputy was dispatched to the San Juan Island area in reference to a report of trespassing. The caller reported a vehicle being on the private roadway.
• A San Juan deputy was contacted regarding a dog at large. The person reported a neighbor’s dogs were on her property earlier in the week.
• A deputy was contacted regarding someone trespassing in the Friday Harbor area. The caller wanted a record of an ex-employee trespassing on his business.
• Friday Harbor deputies investigated a domestic dispute. The incident did not lead to an arrest, and a report is on file.
• A deputy on Orcas was contacted about a juvenile runaway. The juvenile was found the next morning on San Juan.
• A deputy on Orcas stopped a vehicle for speeding. The driver was issued a citation for speeding 37 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• A deputy was dispatched to a single-vehicle traffic accident in the Friday Harbor area. The deputy contacted a witness and the driver at the scene.
• A San Juan Island deputy was contacted in reference to a juvenile problem. Another agency requested the juvenile be picked up for violation of a court order. The juvenile was taken into custody.
• Deputies on Orcas responded to a report of an assault.
• A Lopez Island deputy stopped a vehicle for speeding on Center Road and arrested the driver for an outstanding San Juan County Superior Court bench warrant. The driver was released after posting bail.
• Friday Harbor deputies investigated a possible order violation. Deputies investigated the incident and found no violation had occurred.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor received a report of a suspicious circumstance. It was reported that a person was trying to open doors of several businesses. The suspect was contacted and the case is still under investigation.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor received a report of a juvenile runaway.
• Deputies responded to a residence in Friday Harbor to assist with a disoriented male.
• A Lopez deputy stopped a vehicle which was traveling 38 mph in a 25 mph zone on Fisherman Bay Road. The driver was issued a citation for speeding.
• A Lopez deputy was requested for a welfare check in the village. The person was located and a report was completed.
• A deputy on Orcas stopped a vehicle for expired tabs. The driver was issued a citation for having an expired registration and no insurance.
• A deputy conducted a traffic stop on Orcas for expired tabs. The driver was issued citations for expired registration and not having a valid operating license with ID.
• A deputy on Orcas stopped a vehicle for speeding 43 mph in a 25 mph speed zone.
• A Friday Harbor deputy conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle on Cattle Point Road. The driver was issued a citation and given a verbal warning on two other violations.
• A Lopez Island deputy stopped and cited a local youth for speeding 35 in the 20 mph school zone.
• A deputy was contacted in reference to a hit-and-run in the Friday Harbor area.
• A deputy responded to a minor two-car collision on Bailer Hill Road. Neither driver was injured and both had valid insurance. The information was gathered and a collision report made.
• A deputy on Orcas was dispatched to a vehicle not stopping for a school bus that was stopped with its lights on.
• A Lopez Island deputy stopped a pickup towing a trailer without lights or safety chains. The driver was issued a citation for not having a valid driver’s license. He was warned of the other violations and called a friend to drive him home.
• A Lopez Island deputy investigated a 911 hang-up call. No problem was found at the source of the call.
• A Lopez Island deputy assisted a local woman who had locked her keys in her car in the village.
• A deputy on Orcas stopped a vehicle for speeding. The driver was issued an infraction for speeding 38 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• An Orcas Island deputy stopped a vehicle on Point Lawrence Road. The driver, a local man, was issued a criminal citation for driving while his license was suspended in the third degree. He was also given a verbal warning for speeding.
• Deputies stopped a vehicle traveling at a high rate of speed in Friday Harbor. The driver was cited for speeding.