Every year the Journal of the San Juans asks its readers to tell us what they are thankful for this holiday.
What are you thankful for?
• I’m thankful for my mom and dad. Even though I’m 1,200 miles away, they’re always supporting me.
• I am so thankful to this community and the support I have received both personally and professionally.
• My family’s health.
•Thankful to be able to come home to the greatest place on earth.
• For still having my nine-year-old self alive and well in me and, because of that, for being easily entertained and enchanted.
• Well, through the miracle of science and a great brain surgeon, I was given a second chance to walk this beautiful earth.
• I am thankful for my family, my school (students and staff) and my community!
• Community awareness and ownership of current political misfortune. Paired with the community’s tenacity to unity and take action towards correcting the outcomes of our lack of participation in the past.
• The Republican Party – they keep folk singers in business.
• Family, health, community!
• Live music and living on this beautiful island.
• My rescue dogs. They give me love and comfort every day.
• My good health and happy life.
Check out our 2017 holiday guide
Nestled inside this edition of the Journal is our full color, glossy holiday magazine. It showcases the many local happenings – from concerts to theatre productions to visits from Santa – and features advertising from local businesses. Please enjoy this beautiful magazine and share it with family and visitors.
And remember to shop locally this season!