The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls:
• A deputy was dispatched to an agency assist in Friday Harbor.
• A Friday Harbor deputy responded to a call about a male who appeared to be driving while impaired.
• An Orcas Island deputy stopped a vehicle on Orcas Road where he cited the driver for speeding 54 mph in a 40 mph zone and gave a verbal warning for having no insurance.
• A Lopez Island business reported suspicious activities.
• An Orcas Island deputy responded to a traffic offense in the Eastsound area and took a report.
• A driver in Friday Harbor was issued a citation for both not having a valid operating license with identification and for speeding.
• Neighbors asked that a deputy perform a welfare check at the Eastsound residence of an elderly woman to see if she was safe at home with her adult child who had substance abuse issues. An investigation was completed and a report is being forwarded to Adult Protective Services.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of vandalism that included two punctured tires on a vehicle. A report was taken.
• Deputies stopped a vehicle on San Juan for expired tabs, and issued the driver a citation for an expired vehicle registration over two months.
• A car with a defective brake light was stopped on San Juan and the driver was arrested for driving with a suspended license or registration, and received a citation for not having insurance.
• A Lopez Island deputy responded to a report of a possible suicidal juvenile in Lopez Village. The juvenile was transported to Friday Harbor for a mental health evaluation.
• An Orcas deputy investigated a burglary at a residence near the ferry terminal. The investigation is ongoing.
• Deputies took a report of a hit-and-run involving a vehicle and bicycle on Orcas. No injuries were reported. The suspect’s vehicle information was vague and a thorough search of the area did not reveal any leads.
• A deputy was dispatched to a citizen dispute in Friday Harbor and an informational report was taken.
• Deputies responded to a Lopez residence for a domestic violence assault complaint. A subject was arrested and transported to the jail in Friday Harbor to await a hearing.
• The driver of a vehicle in Friday Harbor was stopped for expired registration and received a citation for expired vehicle registration over two months and a warning for no insurance.
• Lopez deputies assisted EMS personnel with a possible overdose. The subject was transported to a hospital.
• In Friday Harbor, deputies stopped a vehicle with an obstructed license plate. The driver was arrested for driving under the influence and received a citation for an open alcohol container.
• An Orcas deputy stopped a vehicle for speeding and issued the driver a citation for traveling 74 mph in a posted 35 mph zone.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a domestic incident. Both parties were interviewed, and the case will be forwarded to the prosecuting attorney.
• An Orcas deputy stopped a vehicle on Crow Valley Road. The driver was issued a citation for speeding 48 mph in a 35 mph zone, a criminal citation for not having a valid operator’s license with ID and a warning for no proof of insurance.
• Deputies stopped a speeding driver on Olga Road on Orcas Island. The driver was issued a citation for traveling 53 mph in a 35 mph zone.
• A Lopez Island resident reported a neighbor’s dogs were out running-at-large, and had followed the caller home. The dogs, however, were home when the deputy contacted the owner, and a warning letter was issued.
• San Juan deputies responded to a report of a domestic dispute. An investigation revealed no crime had occurred.
• A deputy was dispatched to an agency assist in Friday Harbor. The report was unfounded.
• San Juan deputies filed a crime report of fraudulent charges outside of San Juan County.
• An Orcas deputy stopped a vehicle on Point Lawrence Road for speeding. The driver was issued a citation for not having an operator’s license with valid ID and traveling 48 mph in a 35 mph zone.
• Responding to a report of a weapons noise in Eastsound, deputies found a man on the property who was known to have an outstanding warrant. Consequently, the suspect was arrested and booked into San Juan County jail.
• A deputy issued a Friday Harbor driver citations for driving without a valid license and not having proof of insurance as well as warnings for failing to signal a turn, failing to register a vehicle and failing to change an address with the department of licensing.
• On San Juan, a person known to have a warrant contacted a deputy and was subsequently taken into custody and booked.
• An Orcas deputy conducted a welfare check on a woman with dementia.
• An investigation continues into a report of noise ordinance violation in Friday Harbor.
• Deputies took a wanted subject into custody in Friday Harbor and transported them to a holding cell at the sheriff’s office to await their arraignment.