The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• An Orcas deputy was dispatched to a residential burglary. The scene was processed and evidence was collected.
• A Friday Harbor deputy conducted a traffic stop. The driver had two warrants. She was arrested and booked into the jail.
• A Lopez deputy checked on a possible trespassing situation at a residence on Lopez Island. The property owner was contacted and a report was completed.
• Vandalism of a car in the Friday Harbor high school parking lot was reported. There are no leads or suspects. School officials are checking for possible footage of the incident.
• A Friday Harbor business owner called to report illegal dumping in his dumpster. Trash with a name and address were found. The owner of the garbage was contacted. He said someone had been paid to take it to the dump and he immediately went and picked it up.
• A distracted driver went off the side of Roche Harbor Road on San Juan Island and took out approximately 90 feet of fence and seriously damaged his car. The driver was uninjured and sober. Owners of the damaged fence were contacted and arrangements made to cover repairs.
• An Orcas deputy conducted a traffic stop on Orcas Road. The driver was issued a citation for speeding.
• A deputy stopped a motorist in Lopez Village after he saw her fail to stop at a stop sign. The deputy issued the driver a ticket.
• A deputy took a report of a vehicle passing a school bus while the red lights were displayed in Eastsound.
• A deputy on Orcas stopped a vehicle for speeding. The driver was issued an infraction for speeding 45 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• A Lopez deputy investigated a theft of prescription medicine.
• An Orcas Island deputy was dispatched to a theft in the Eastsound area. A report was taken. The investigation is ongoing.
• A Lopez Island deputy was sent to check a disabled vehicle partially blocking Center Road in the “S” curves. An off-duty firefighter towed the vehicle safely out of the road. Family members picked up the mom and her young children.
• A Lopez Island deputy was called regarding a bull running at large in the area of Port Stanley and Bakerview. The owner was contacted and responded to return the bull to its pasture.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a deer versus car collision.
• A Lopez deputy euthanized an injured raccoon.
• A deputy on Orcas issued a driver an infraction for speeding 48 mph in a 25 mph speed zone and expired vehicle registration.
• A Friday Harbor resident came into the station to make a report regarding fraud. A deputy received the information and discovered the incident to be civil in nature.
• An Orcas deputy made an evening traffic stop on a vehicle with no taillights illuminated. Further investigation revealed probable cause to believe the driver was driving under the influence. The driver had a previous conviction in 2016. He was booked into jail in Friday Harbor.
• A deputy was dispatched to the San Juan Island area in reference to a domestic dispute. Deputies arrived in the area and made contact with the involved parties. One person was arrested.
• An Orcas deputy stopped a vehicle for expired tabs. The driver was arrested on a warrant and for driving with a suspended license. The driver was also issued an infraction for having no insurance and expired registration. The driver was booked into San Juan County Jail.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a single-vehicle collision. It was found that the vehicle collided with an OPALCO power box and a tree. The driver fled the scene.
• An Orcas deputy stopped a vehicle on Orcas Road. The driver was issued an infraction for speed.
• A Lopez deputy stopped and ticketed a local man for speeding 64 mph in a 45 mph zone on Center Road.