The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• An unwanted person was found in the Friday Harbor post office. They were warned for trespassing.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a complaint of a suspicious person sitting in a vehicle with the loud music. The person was given a warning for violating the noise ordinance.
• A deputy on Lopez picked up a debit card that had been found and turned into a local business. The card was shredded at the request of the bank.
• A deputy responded to an unknown trouble call in the Olga area. The call was accidental.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a call regarding a trespasser. The subject was arrested for criminal trespass in the first degree.
• San Juan deputies responded to a possible domestic assault. The deputies were able to speak with the person and concluded that no crime had occurred.
• On Lopez, a deputy responded to a call regarding the use of a counterfeit $100 bill.
• A San Juan deputy arrested a driver for driving with a suspended license in the third degree, and issued a citation for not having insurance and for failing to sign the registration.
• An Orcas deputy cited a driver for having an expired vehicle registration and issued and a warning for not having current proof of insurance in the vehicle.
•A San Juan deputy arrested a person on multiple warrants.
• In Friday Harbor, a deputy was dispatched to a reported theft. There are no suspects at this time.
• A small plane made an emergency landing at the Lopez Airport following a mechanical malfunction. The pilot was not injured, and a report was completed.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a call about a theft at The Exchange. There are no suspects at this time.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor issued a motorcycle rider a citation for negligent driving in the second degree. The rider was also warned for not having a motorcycle endorsement.
• A Lopez deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for driving left of center. The driver was arrested for driving under the influence.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of a disorderly person at the Port of Friday Harbor.
• A Lopez resident reported a sick deer on their property. The deer died before the deputy arrived. The deputy and resident moved the carcass to a remote area.
• A deputy on San Juan took a report of a theft.
• A deputy responded to a citizen dispute near Eastsound.
• A San Juan deputy documented an incident of vandalism.
• A former Lopez resident called to report the theft of a firearm that occurred in 2013. There is no suspect information.
• In Friday Harbor, a person reported receiving a check in the mail and suspected it to be fraudulent. The caller was advised not to cash the check and to contact the Washington State Attorney General’s office.
• While on marine patrol, the San Juan County Sheriff’s office discovered a sunken vessel. There were many items floating in the water nearby including a kayak and skiff, which were recovered. The United States Coast Guard was notified and they deployed assets including a helicopter and patrol vessel to assist in the search for the operator.
• A Lopez deputy was called about a trespassing at Odlin Park trail.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor issued mooring citations to three vessels for not having the correct permits. One vessel was issued citations for an expired registration and for not displaying their registration correctly.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a suspicious circumstance in which a person appeared to be passed out in a vehicle. Drug paraphernalia was in plain view. The subject was arrested and drugs were located on his person. The suspect was booked into the county jail in Friday Harbor.
• A deputy spoke with a Lopez resident regarding reported threats.
• A Friday Harbor deputy issued a driver a citation for speeding.
• San Juan deputies responded to a report of a theft. The suspect was identified and the stolen property recovered.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a report of a missing juvenile in Moran State Park. A search was conducted and the juvenile was located.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor stopped the driver for a defective headlight. The driver was issued a citation for not having insurance.
• A San Juan deputy issued a driver a citation for an expired registration.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor responded to a report of an order violation. The deputy concluded that no violation occurred.
• Deputies responded to a report of an assault at a business in Friday Harbor. The suspect fled the scene and a description was given by witnesses.
• San Juan deputies responded to a non-reportable collision.
• A Lopez responded to a verbal disturbance called in by an uninvolved party. No crime had occurred.
• Car keys and a wallet were turned over to a Lopez deputy. The owner was located and reunited with their belongings.
• A San Juan deputy issued a driver a citation for speeding 47 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• A speeding driver on San Juan issued a citation for traveling 51 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• An Orcas deputy issued a driver a citation for speeding, 49 mph in a 35 mph zone.
• A San Juan deputy issued a driver a citation for driving 44 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• An Orcas deputy issued a driver a citation for driving 41 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• An Orcas deputy warned a driver for failing to dim their headlights.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for speeding. The driver was arrested for driving under the influence and received a citation for speeding 40 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• A driver on Orcas received a warning for not having his taillights turned on.
• An Orcas deputy issued a driver a citation for speeding, 50 mph in a 35 mph zone.
• A San Juan deputy took a report of vandalism and documented the incident.
• An Orcas deputy received a report of a vehicle prowl that happened earlier in the week near the ferry landing.