Submitted by the San Juan Island School District
Below is the updated information for our high school teams postseason play.
• Baseball – Baseball team won both of their games this past week, making them Bi-District Champions and they will now play in the Regional State Tournament at Yelm High School, this Saturday, May 18 at 1 p.m. Wahkiakum, the District 4 No. 4 entry will be their opponent. At the Bi-District Tournament, the boys defeated Crosspoint 9-0 in Game 1 and then beat Concrete 10-0 in the second game. The Wolverines are now 14-2 for the season. They need to win both games Saturday to move on to the final four portions of the state tournament in Centralia the next weekend. Visit our league website at http://www.nw1a2bathletics.com/ for more information on seeding and brackets. Use the baseball tab, then the postseason tab to access the information.
• Girls Tennis – Girls tennis grew in number this year, and competed very well with their tough schedule against bigger schools. The girls sent three doubles groups to the bi-district tournament and represented the Wolverines well.
• Boys Golf – Boys golf teams competed this past week at their district tournaments. On Tuesday, May 7, six boys qualified for the Bi-District tournament being played this Thursday, May 16 at Gallery Golf Course in Oak Harbor. Each will be trying to earn their way to the state tournament the following week. More golf post season information is posted at http://www.nw1a2bathletics.com/ . Use the golf tab to access the playoff information.
• Boys and Girls Track – Our track teams will now head to the Tri-District tournament on Thursday, May 16 and Saturday, May 18 at Coupeville High School. Most of the events will be completed on Saturday, May 18. Competition gets started at 11:00 on Saturday. Here athletes will be competing to move onto the state tournament the following week at Eastern Washington University. Only one athlete in each event will automatically advance. Additional entries may be earned if an athlete meets the state qualifying time or distance. To see more information about track post season events go to http://www.nw1a2bathletics.com/. Use the track tab to access postseason information.
• Fastpitch – Girls Fastpitch team completed their league season undefeated and will now begin postseason play Saturday, May 18 at Janacki Fields, Sedro Wooley. As Northwest 1A/2B league champions, the girls will enter the District tournament as the number one seed and will need to win two games to advance as the District 1 representative to the state tournament in Yakima beginning on May 24. The first game on Saturday will be at 1 p.m. The District bracket is posted at http://www.nw1a2bathletics.com/ . Use the softball tab to access the postseason information.