The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A deputy received a complaint about a parked car near Eastsound. The vehicle was located and a 72-hour violation notice was placed on the driver’s window.
• A Lopez deputy stopped and ticketed a driver for failing to yield the right-of-way when entering the roadway and for not having a valid driver’s license.
• A Lopez deputy was called for advice about dealing with online bullying on social media.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a possible residential burglary in Olga. There are no solid leads at this time.
• A Lopez deputy was called about a dog running at-large in the Richardson area. The dog was taken into custody and taken to the kennel, as it had no tags or identifying information. Lopez Animal Protection Society was notified to help reunite the dog with its family.
• A Lopez resident reported receiving a fraud scam call threatening that there was an arrest warrant for them. No money or personal information was given as the call was immediately recognized as an attempt to defraud.
• A Lopez deputy was sent to check on a trouble unknown call, with an open 911 line. No problem was found at the location. An equipment malfunction is suspected.
• A deputy responded to a report of a theft at a local store in Friday Harbor. After viewing security video, the juvenile perpetrator was identified, located and the stolen item was returned to the store. A report was made, and a probable cause statement for theft was forwarded to the prosecuting attorney’s office and to juvenile court.
• A deputy responded to a report of an accident-injury in Friday Harbor. A motorcyclist was issued a citation for negligent driving.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for traveling 70 mph in a posted 45 mph speed zone. The driver was arrested for driving under the influence and intimidating a public servant, and booked into the San Juan County Jail.
• A Lopez resident reported the theft of water from a private community water system.
• Deputies responded to a Lopez residence to investigate a report of a domestic violence assault. The investigation revealed an assault had occurred and the suspect was arrested and booked into jail in Friday Harbor to await a hearing.
• Deputies on San Juan responded to a domestic violence incident. The incident was investigated and no crime was found to have occurred. The parties agreed to separate for the time being.
• A deputy received a complaint of an identity theft in Eastsound.
• A deputy was contacted in reference to an unattended hit-and-run that occurred in the Friday Harbor area. The caller was contacted. Photos of the damage were taken.
• A San Juan deputy was contacted in reference to a theft. The caller was contacted and they explained the theft of some money from their residence. The area was checked for evidence.
• A deputy on Orcas was dispatched to a citizen dispute. Both parties involved were contacted and the call was settled by contact.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for an obstructed license plate. The driver was issued a citation for possession of marijuana under 21 and issued a citation for open marijuana in a vehicle.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped the driver of a vehicle for speeding. The driver was issued a citation for traveling 51 mph in a 35 mph speed zone.
• San Juan deputies attempted to take into protective custody a person in crisis. The incident was documented.
• Deputies on Orcas responded to a noise complaint. The homeowner was issued a citation for violating the San Juan County noise ordinance.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped the driver of a vehicle for driving left of the center lane. The driver, who had an intermediate driver’s license, was issued a citation for violating the restrictions of having multiple passengers under 20 years of age.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a report of a dead person blocking the front door of a residence. Once at the residence, deputies made contact with a highly intoxicated individual who was then seen by Emergency Medical Services.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for traveling 41 mph in a posted 25 mph speed zone. The driver was issued a citation for speeding.
• On San Juan, a deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for failing to have their headlights turned on. A probable cause statement will be forwarded to the prosecuting attorney’s office for charges on the juvenile driver for driving without a valid driver’s license, and a citation was issued to the owner of the vehicle for allowing a juvenile to operate the vehicle without a license.
• A deputy on Orcas stopped the driver of a vehicle for displaying an expired registration. The driver was issued citations for an expired registration, for not having insurance and for not having a driver’s license.
• A deputy was dispatched to report of a dog bite in Deer Harbor.
• A Lopez deputy was called about a potential hazard where trees had fallen into phone lines and preventing the trees from falling onto the road. Century Link was notified of the situation.
• A Lopez island deputy was called to do VIN inspections on several derelict vehicles so they could be hauled off and scrapped.
• Orcas deputies were dispatched to a report of an aggravated assault. The investigation is ongoing.
• A deputy was dispatched to an assault in Eastsound. The suspect was arrested and a report was filed.
• A deputy was contacted about lost property on San Juan. The deputy contacted the caller and then recovered the property, which was entered into evidence pending being returned to the owner.
• A deputy was dispatched to a report of vandalism in the Eastsound area. The reporting party said their mailbox had been destroyed. The investigation is ongoing.
• Lopez deputies responded to a verbal domestic disturbance. The involved parties were separated for the evening. No crime occurred.
• A deputy on San Juan located a stolen vessel, and a subject was taken into custody for possession of stolen property-first degree.
• A Lopez deputy was sent to check on a vessel aground on the south side of Iceberg Point. The reporting party was able to access the vessel before the deputy arrived, and provide the information requested by the Coast Guard.
• A San Juan deputy took a delayed report of a possible theft. The reporting party gave very little information and left before all the information could be gathered. There is no suspect information or workable leads at this time.
• A deputy on Orcas conducted a traffic stop on Orcas Road. The driver was issued a citation for speeding 45 mph in a 35 mph zone.
• A deputy on Orcas conducted a traffic stop near Map Corner. The driver was issued a citation for speeding, 50 mph in a 35 mph zone.
• A deputy took a report of a found wallet on Orcas. Identification was found inside the wallet and contact was made with the owner. The wallet will be returned upon the owner’s return.
• A deputy was contacted in reference to an incident of harassment in the Friday Harbor area. The caller was claiming he was being followed. The other involved people were contacted and advised to stop.
• A Lopez deputy was called to do a VIN inspection on a derelict vehicle on private property so the property owner could have the vehicle removed and scrapped.
• On Orcas, a deputy took a report of a hit-and-run collision at the Country Corner store. The investigation is ongoing.
• A Lopez deputy stopped and ticketed a driver for speeding, 53 mph in the 35 mph zone.