The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor received a report of a suspicious circumstance.
• A San Juan Island man reported his neighbor had left a gate open and when walking his dog the neighbor’s dogs came out and attacked his dog. The dogs were separated and the injured dog taken to the vet. The suspect’s dogs were photographed and the county dog ordinances were discussed.
• A Friday Harbor business owner reported a burglary attempt on a storage shed. The locking plate was bent and a lattice damaged, but no entry made or items stolen. Evening deputies were advised to be on watch.
• Deputies were dispatched to a possible domestic dispute in Friday Harbor. The parties were contacted and it was found to be verbal only, but very loud. The parties were calmed down and agreed to separate for the afternoon. They were advised of domestic violence laws and available counseling.
• A Friday Harbor property owner found a person had entered a cabin on their property and was passed out inside. The subject was contacted in the bed, arrested and booked into jail.
• A Friday Harbor contractor reported tools stolen from a job site after finding the house unlocked. He went in and found his tool belt and Chicago Electric compressor missing.
• Parking infractions were issued to vehicles parked over the 72-hour limit at the Obstruction Pass county dock on Orcas Island.
• A Lopez Island family reported a possible car prowl of their vehicle parked in front of their home on Lopez Island. The car alarm was set off, probably scaring the intruders away.
• A deputy responded to a residence in Friday Harbor in reference to a welfare check. It was completed and all was okay.
• A derelict vehicle was abandoned in the traffic lane on Lopez Sound Road on Lopez Island. It was pushed off the road and back into the driveway it came from.
• A San Juan Island vehicle owner called to report a hit and run he claimed happened the night before in town. Deputies examined and photographed the damage and took the vehicle owner’s statement.
• A vehicle backed into a parked car in Eastsound.
• A deputy responded to a report of an Eastsound woman posting on social media that she was going to harm herself. The investigation was completed and proved to be unfounded.
• Lopez Island deputies and the county coroner are investigating the death of a 45-year-old Lopez Island man.
• Lopez Island deputies arrested a 31-year-old Lopez Island woman for assault in the fourth degree – domestic violence. She was transported to Friday Harbor pending a court appearance.
• An Orcas Island man reported that his landlord had been harassing him. This incident was determined civil in nature and documented in the event it later turns into a criminal case.
• Deputies responded to the Friday Harbor holding facility to prevent an inmate from harming himself in the holding cell.
• A deputy responded to a report of an unwanted person at an Eastsound business. The person left the area prior to the deputy’s arrival. The subject is known to law enforcement due to his previous issues with anger, belligerence and threatening behavior.