The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A San Juan deputy stopped a driver known to have a suspended driver’s license. The driver was arrested for driving with a suspended license-third degree and released at the scene.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of a vehicle broken down and blocking part of Beaverton Valley Road. The deputy was unable to contact the owner and the vehicle was towed.
• A Lopez man was issued a citation for driving 51 mph in a 35 mph zone on Mud Bay Road. The driver had received a warning for speeding the week prior.
• A Lopez deputy was sent to check on a report of a boat that had run aground during a storm. The deputy located the boat, and the owner was notified of the issue.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a report of a person waving and pointing a gun at objects. The subject and a pellet gun were located. The subject was arrested for unlawful display of a weapon.
• A deputy responded to a two-vehicle collision on San Juan. The driver was issued a citation for following a vehicle too closely.
• A Lopez deputy checked the residence of a dog determined to be potentially dangerous from a prior hearing. The dog’s owner was not in compliance and criminal charges were forwarded to the court for review.
• On Lopez, two hikers were stranded high on the cliff at Watmough Bay after venturing out in inclement weather and fading light. The pair were rescued through the courageous efforts of Lopez Fire and Emergency Medical Services and the Orcas rope rescue team.
• San Juan deputies were dispatched to a report of a domestic dispute. After investigation, it was found to be a juvenile problem.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of a juvenile problem. A male subject was arrested for delivery of a controlled substance.
• A San Juan deputy was dispatched to a report of suspicious circumstances.
• On San Juan, a deputy was dispatched to a report of an animal-at-large. The owner was later issued a warning letter.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped the driver of a vehicle for a defective brake light. The driver was cited for not having insurance.
• A San Juan deputy stopped a driver for having a rear white light. The driver was cited for not having registration in the vehicle.
• A deputy took a report of an animal bite in the Friday Harbor area.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped the driver of a vehicle for failing to use their turn signal. The driver was issued a citation for not having insurance.
• A San Juan deputy issued a driver a citation for failing to obey a stop sigh and failing to use a turn signal.
• A driver on San Juan was stopped for speeding and was given a citation for having an expired registration of more than 2 months; warnings were also given.
• A San Juan deputy issued a driver a citation for traveling 62 mph in a posted 45 mph zone.
• A deputy on San Juan issued a driver a citation for operating a motor vehicle without insurance.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a report of a hit-and-run.
• A deputy responded to a report of injured cats on San Juan. The owner was advised to take them to the vet. The cause of the injuries is unknown.
• A driver who hit a San Juan deputy’s patrol vehicle was cited for not having insurance and for unsafe backing-up.
• A San Juan County deputy impounded a vehicle for a narcotics investigation.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a report of a driver possibly driving under the influence. The driver of the vehicle was located and stopped for driving left-of-center. The driver was not impaired and issued citations for not having insurance and for driving left-of-center.
• A Lopez deputy was sent to assist a motorist who had gotten stuck on the primitive section of Lopez Sound Road. The person was located as the car was being pulled out by a local Good Samaritan. The driver had missed the turn for the trailhead for Lopez Hill.
• A deputy on Lopez was sent to check for a dog running at-large. No loose dog was found in the area.
• An Orcas deputy conducted a traffic stop near Eastsound. The driver was issued a citation for speeding 48 mph in a 35 mph zone.
• Lopez deputies responded to a reported domestic disturbance. The investigation indicated that no crime had been committed. The parties voluntarily separated for the evening.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to the report of a two-vehicle collision. The suspect driver was issued a citation for failing to yield the right-of-way and for not having insurance.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a motor vehicle accident on Orcas Road. The vehicle was found unoccupied, was towed and a report was taken.