The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A deputy responded to a report of a vandalism in Friday Harbor. Upon investigation, it was found that there was no suspect information, no witnesses, no video of the incident, and no workable leads to investigate. A report was made for the complainant to give to their insurance company.
• A report was taken regarding a trespassing on Shaw Island.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for failing to stop at a stop sign. The driver was issued a citation for failing to use a child restraint system and was given multiple warnings.
• A deputy on Lopez responded to a call from a resident on Aleck Bay Road after a vehicle, described as a white early 2000s four-door pick-up damaged the person’s front yard by doing several donuts.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for failing to stop at a stop sign. The driver was issued citations for not having a valid license with ID, not having insurance and for failing to stop at a stop sign.
• A deputy responded to a citizen dispute in the Olga area. After an investigation was completed the dispute was found to be civil in nature and that no crime had been committed.
• Orcas deputies learned of a vehicle off the roadway in Moran State Park. An investigation was conducted. The driver was not injured.
• A citizen contacted a deputy at the Orcas substation and requested that a person be trespassed from coming to her residence.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a citizen dispute near Eastsound. After the investigation was completed, a report of probable cause was forwarded to the prosecutor’s office.
• A deputy was dispatched to a mail theft near Eastsound.
• A San Juan deputy took a report of a bank fraud. The case and the investigation are ongoing.
• A deputy on Orcas investigated a threats complaint. It was determined that no crime had been committed.
• A Lopez deputy was contacted for advice regarding an unsightly residence with likely county code violations. Civil remedies, including contact with the county code enforcement office, were suggested.
• A Lopez business requested a report documenting recent contact with a well-known local disgruntled person.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped a motorist on Cattle Point Road for speeding. The driver was cited for driving 61 mph in a 45 mph zone and issued a warning for an expired registration.
• A deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle in Eastsound for a traffic violation. The driver was issued a citation for running the stop sign at Main Street and N. Beach Road.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a domestic dispute. Upon investigation, it was determined to be a verbal dispute and no crime had been committed.
• An Eastsound woman was trespassed from a local business.
• A San Juan deputy stopped a motorist for registration violations. The driver was arrested for driving with a suspended license and a registration violation and issued citations for an expired registration and for not having insurance.
• A Lopez deputy completed paperwork to dispose of found items which were never claimed and were found to have little or no monetary value. The items will be disposed of as appropriate.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a report of an unconscious person.
• A deputy on Orcas conducted a traffic stop. The driver was issued a citation for speeding, 62 mph in a 40 mph zone.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped an unlicensed driver. The driver was issued citations for not having a valid operator’s license with ID, not having insurance and not having the registration in the vehicle.
• A deputy on Orcas conducted a traffic stop. The driver was issued a citation for speeding, 56 mph in a 40 mph zone.
• A deputy conducted a traffic stop on Orcas. The driver was issued a citation for speeding, 51 mph in a 35 mile per hour zone.
• A deputy on San Juan arrested a subject on an out-of-county warrant. The subject was booked on the warrant and additional charges of possession of a controlled substance will be forwarded to the prosecutor.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for a defective brake light and because the driver and passenger were not wearing seat belts. The driver was issued citations for not having insurance and for failing to use child restraints. Multiple warnings were also given.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for a defective headlight, for speeding and an expired registration. The driver was issued citations for the expired registration and for not having insurance. The driver also received multiple warnings.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor responded to a report of a man yelling about having a gun and threatening to kill people. The
deputy located the suspect and, after an investigation, the suspect was arrested for harassment and booked into jail awaiting a next-day hearing.
• On Orcas, a deputy responded to a suspicious person call. The caller had observed a man and woman smoking.
• An Orcas deputy issued a citation for abandoning a vehicle at a local towing establishment.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor was dispatched to a communication problem. The people involved in the incident were contacted. Someone had taken over their computer and were demanding money. There was no loss incurred and those involved were provided with information to move forward.
• A deputy was contacted about a sick animal in the Friday Harbor area. The caller said their dog had been given
drugs without their knowledge. The dog is okay and there is no suspect at this time.
• An Orcas deputy took a report of an animal bite.