The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A deputy on Lopez issued a driver a warning for speeding in a school zone.
• A Lopez deputy was called to check on a dinghy that had washed ashore along Mud Bay.
• Orcas deputies were dispatched to a welfare check. The subject was taken into protective custody and transported to the
mainland for an evaluation.
• A deputy met with a Lopez store owner about suspicious people on his property. The store owner requested that the two people be told that they were not allowed on his store property. Trespass warning letters will be served.
• A deputy was dispatched to a welfare check in Friday Harbor. The person was later transported to the medical center for evaluation.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for traveling 34 mph in a posted 25 mph speed zone. The driver was arrested for an ignition interlock violation and negligent driving. The driver was also issued citations for not having a valid driver’s license with identification and for speeding.
• On San Juan, a man showed up in the lobby of the sheriff’s office to turn himself in for a crime he had committed.
• A deputy on San Juan issued a driver a citation for having an expired registration.
• A San Juan deputy stopped a vehicle for having an expired registration. The driver and passengers fled the scene and the vehicle was impounded.
• A Lopez deputy performed a welfare check and found the person to be just fine. Relatives had been unable to reach the person due to phone line issues.
• A deputy on San Juan documented a report of threats.
• A Lopez resident reported the overnight theft of his mailbox and post. The mailbox was located the next day, tossed into the woods nearby. A deputy collected the mailbox and examined it for fingerprints.
• A Lopez deputy was dispatched to look for a driver possibly under the influence. The vehicle was located parked, and unoccupied.
• A deputy on Orcas is investigating a complaint about missing property.
• An Orcas deputy issued a driver a citation for driving 63 mph in a 40 mph zone.
• A deputy on San Juan is investigating a report of an explosion.
• A Lopez deputy was contacted regarding a civil dispute stemming from the sale of a boat. The incident was documented in a report and possible solutions were offered.
• A deputy on San Juan issued a driver a citation for traveling 58 mph in a 35 mph speed zone.
• An Orcas deputy issued a driver a citation for driving 49 mph in a 25 mph zone of Mt. Baker Road.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a report of a hit-and-run.
• An Orcas deputy arrested a man for trespassing.
• A deputy on Orcas is investigating a theft complaint.
• A loose dog was located by a citizen on Cattle Point Road on San Juan Island. The dog was known to the sheriff’s office from numerous similar incidents. She was returned to the owner who was issued a dog-at-large citation.
• Deputies on Orcas responded to a report of a man yelling obscenities. The deputies searched the area but were unable to locate the man.
• A deputy responded to a death investigation on San Juan.
• A Lopez deputy cited a driver for traveling 53 mph in a 35 mph zone on Ferry Road.
• A deputy on Orcas issued a driver a citation for speeding 43 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• Deputies on Orcas conducted six separate traffic stops. Each driver received a warning for speeding.
• A Lopez deputy was called regarding a suspicious person seen walking down a long secluded driveway. The subject was located and found to be the new homeowner, unknown to many of his watchful neighbors.
• Deputies on Orcas located a wanted person. The person was arrested and booked into the San Juan County jail.
• A Lopez resident reported two intoxicated people walking along the road at night. A deputy located the couple and provided a courtesy transport home.
• In Friday Harbor, a deputy took a report of lost property on one of the ferries.
• On San Juan, a deputy responded to a delayed report of a hit-and-run that occurred approximately three weeks prior. There is no suspect information; a report was made for insurance purposes.
• In the courthouse, a deputy contacted a subject who was wanted on an arrest warrant. The subject was taken into custody and booked into the San Juan County jail.
• A deputy on Orcas issued a driver a citation for speeding 37 mph in a 20 mph zone.
• An Orcas deputy issued a driver a warning for speeding.
• A Lopez deputy took a report of attempted fraud.
• A deputy, Lopez Fire and Emergency Medical Services responded to a vehicle crash at an area business. A driver, attempting to park, stepped on the gas rather than the brake and the car crashed into landscape boulders. The driver was not hurt and the damage was minimal.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a 911 hangup call from a residence. The elderly caller had dialed 911 inadvertently.
• A San Juan deputy is investigating a reported sex offense.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a complaint of animal cruelty. The complaint was determined to be unfounded.
• Deputies responded to a minor traffic collision involving two vehicles in Eastsound.