The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A deputy was dispatched to a citizen dispute near Eastsound. After an investigation was completed, the dispute was deemed a civil matter.
• An Orcas deputy responded to an animal problem. The reporting party’s dog had been injured by a neighbor’s dog. The investigation is ongoing, and a report was taken.
• A deputy was asked to do a welfare check in Eastsound. The person was found to be in good standing and did not want medical help.
• San Juan deputies responded to a report of domestic violence in Friday Harbor. The suspect was arrested for two order violations; for first-degree burglary; unlawful imprisonment; interfering with the reporting of domestic violence; and driving with a suspended license in the third degree.
• Deputies on Orcas responded to a domestic dispute between a man and a woman. The man was attempting to retreat while the woman continued to follow him and throw things at him. She was arrested and processed for disorderly conduct-domestic violence.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a complaint of a driver speeding on Hummel Lake Road. The speeding driver was located on Hummel Lake Road and was issued a ticket for speeding and for not having vehicle insurance.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of civil issues. All parties were contacted and came to an agreement.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped the driver of a vehicle for having an expired registration. The driver was arrested for driving on a suspended license and issued a citation for not having insurance.
• A deputy on San Juan impounded a vehicle for a narcotic investigation and a search warrant was completed.
• A deputy on Lopez investigated a complaint that a juvenile went onto an unavailable neighbor’s undeveloped property and dumped trash. It was determined the juvenile dumped cat box waste on what he believed was his property. There was insufficient evidence of a crime.
• Deputies on Orcas responded to a report of threats. Further investigation revealed probable cause that a female suspect had committed the crime of criminal harassment. The case has been forwarded to the San Juan County Prosecutor’s office for charging decisions.
• A deputy was dispatched to a report of a domestic incident on San Juan. The deputy arrived, contacted the people involved and determined the incident was verbal only and no crime had been committed.
• Deputies responded to a domestic disturbance on Lopez. The disturbance was verbal in nature and the two parties separated for the night.
• A deputy responded to a report of malicious mischief in the Friday Harbor area. The caller reported items had been knocked over and damaged.
• A deputy was dispatched to a theft in Eastsound and filed a report.
• A deputy responded to a civil matter near Eastsound.
• A deputy conducted a VIN inspection near Olga. Paperwork was given to the reporting party.
• A deputy was dispatched to a complaint about littering on San Juan. The deputy arrived and took photos of the items.
• On Orcas, a deputy conducted traffic enforcement for a vehicle out of gas near Olga. Once the road was clear the deputy left the area.
• A deputy responded to a possible illegal burn near Eastsound. After an investigation, it was deemed everything was safe.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of found property and filed a report.
• A deputy on San Juan arrested a driver for operating a motor vehicle with a suspended driver’s license.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a report of a stolen bicycle. The bicycle was later located in the area where the person last saw it. Alcohol is believed to be a factor in the temporary loss of the bicycle.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a complaint that a business in Eastsound was operating in violation of the Governor’s Proclamation No. 20-25. The business was closed and a report was filed.
• A Lopez deputy was called to investigate a person trespassing a business. The suspect was contacted and warned to stay off the premises.
• An Orcas deputy made a callback on a civil question near Eastsound. Questions were answered and a report was taken.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a civil callback; passed requested information to the reporting party; and filed an informational report.
• Deputies investigated a dog bite incident on Lopez where a two-year-old dog bit and injured a 17-year-old dog and its owner. The dog victim and her owner required medical treatment. The suspect dog’s owner was issued a criminal citation for a public nuisance-animal bite.
• A deputy on San Juan issued a person a notice of trespassing.
• Deputies responded to a domestic disturbance on Lopez. The disturbance was verbal in nature and the involved parties separated for the night.
• A deputy on San Juan attempted to stop an unlicensed vehicle driven by someone with a suspended driver’s license. A pursuit ensued but was terminated due to unsafe speeds. The driver had been sent several citations and an incident of probable cause was levied on the known driver for eluding, driving with a suspended license in the third degree and reckless endangerment.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a trespassing complaint. The juvenile suspect was identified and contacted and a referral was made to juvenile court services regarding a curfew violation.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a noise complaint. The involved parties were contacted and issued verbal warnings for the noise violation and for violating the governor’s stay-at-home order.
• On San Juan the reporting deputy was contacted about a possible business license violation. The person was contacted and provided documentation about the incident.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a report of threats in Eastsound. A report was filed and the incident is currently under investigation.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped a driver for having a suspended driver’s license and for operating a motor vehicle without an ignition interlock device.
• A Lopez Island deputy observed a suspicious vessel anchored in an unusual area.
• A deputy responded to a report of a communications problem in Friday Harbor. After speaking with the caller it was determined that no crime was committed and an informational report was made.
• Deputies on Orcas were dispatched to a report of an unauthorized helicopter landing. The helicopter was located and the pilot was given a copy of the aircraft landing ordinance.
• An Orcas deputy took a report of a verbal altercation that had occurred the prior week. A report was taken.
• An Orcas deputy was dispatched to a tool theft from a local job site. The investigation is ongoing.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a threats complaint and contacted the person making the report.