The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a found property call in Friday Harbor. The owner of the property was not able to be located and the property was submitted into the evidence room for holding.
• An Orcas deputy was called to Eastsound on a report of a suspicious person making threats on the phone. The subject was located, identified and questioned. It was found that there was no further concern for the reporting party’s safety.
• A Lopez deputy ticketed an unattended vehicle left in the ferry queue as the 2:40 p.m. ferry loaded.
• Orcas deputies responded to a state park regarding a missing person who may have been in mental distress. The subject was later located unharmed. A safety plan was established, and the subject was released to responsible adults.
• A Lopez deputy stopped and ticketed a driver for driving 50 mph in a 35 mph zone on Military Road.
• A Lopez deputy received a call regarding an unidentified person entering the caller’s rental property home and leaving furniture. The furniture was subsequently removed by the unidentified person. It is suspected the furniture was delivered to the wrong address by mistake.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a noninjury wreck.
• Orcas deputies responded to a welfare check in Eastsound. The subject was found to be okay but in violation of his conditions of release. He was cited for the violation.
• A San Juan deputy stopped a vehicle for not having a driver’s side mirror. The driver was arrested for driving with a suspended license in the third degree.
• A San Juan deputy stopped a vehicle for having an obstructed license plate. The driver was arrested for driving with a suspended license in the second degree.
• A San Juan deputy took a report of threats. The case is currently being investigated.
• A deputy took a report of an abandoned bicycle. A property claim was submitted.
• A San Juan deputy issued a driver a citation for speeding 61 mph in a 45 mph speed zone.
• A San Juan deputy took a report of a two-vehicle collision. The damage was non-reportable and there were no injuries.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of a missing dog.
• San Juan deputies responded to a report of a domestic violence incident. A report was taken as it was found there was no crime committed.
• An Orcas deputy issued a driver a warning for speeding and for not having the current tab on the license plate.
• An Orcas deputy issued a driver a citation for speeding 40 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• An Orcas deputy gave two drivers a warning for speeding on separate occasions.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a residential burglary complaint.
• A Lopez deputy returned found property to its owner.
• Orcas deputies were dispatched with Orcas Island Fire and Rescue to a motor vehicle accident in front of the Exchange on Orcas Road. A subject was flown off island to be evaluated at a hospital.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a report of a dog having killed a cat. The person in charge of the dog at the time of the incident was charged with allowing it to kill a domestic animal.
• An Orcas deputy on Orcas cited a driver for speeding and arrested them for driving under the influence.
• A San Juan deputy stopped a vehicle for driving left of center. The driver was arrested for driving under the influence and on a warrant.
• A Lopez deputy notified park rangers at Spencer Spit State Park that they had found a kayak.
• A San Juan deputy contacted a subject in a public park with an open alcohol container. The subject was issued a citation for having and consuming alcohol in public.
• A San Juan deputy issued a driver a citation for speeding 36 mph in a 25 mph zone and for not having a valid operator’s license with ID.
• An Orcas deputy took a report of a hit-and-run that occurred in Eastsound.
• A Lopez deputy took a report that a motorist had accelerated through an active emergency scene, coming dangerously close to the firefighter in the road who was next to a fire truck with red lights flashing.
• An Orcas deputy issued a driver a citation for speeding 51 mph in a 35 mph zone.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a noise complaint on Mount Baker Road where there was a wedding reception. The deputy informed the groom, and he had the music turned down.
• An Orcas deputy was dispatched to the noise complaint from earlier. He had music turned down to an acceptable level.
• San Juan deputies were dispatched to a report of a domestic assault. The incident was investigated and one party was booked into jail on new charges.
• A San Juan deputy stopped and issued a driver a citation for speeding 44 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• A Lopez deputy was called for information about shooting regulations on the island after a person reportedly heard a number of gunshots near his residence. The query was for information only.
• A San Juan deputy stopped a driver for speeding and issued them a citation for not wearing a seat belt.
• A Lopez deputy was called to pick up an unaccompanied dog running at large at Odlin Park. The dog was returned to its home and the owner was cited for the loose pet.
• A little after noon, a Lopez deputy was sent to investigate a noise complaint in the Point Colville area involving loud music from a boat. The boat was found off Castle Island engaged in a commercial diving operation. The only sound was communication between the boat crew and diver.
• A Lopez deputy took a report of suspicious circumstances from a part-time island resident who found things amiss upon returning to the property.
• A deputy was dispatched to a report of malicious mischief.
• A Lopez deputy assisted land bank personnel in clearing an abandoned derelict campsite from land bank property. The camper is unidentified.
• A San Juan deputy stopped a vehicle for having tags that expired in August 2018. The driver was issued citations for expired registration and for not having insurance.
• A Lopez deputy took a report from a driver who had backed into a parked car at the Lopez ferry landing. The struck vehicle received minor damage.
• A San Juan deputy issued a driver a citation for expired vehicle registration and no proof of insurance, and warnings for defective equipment and for not having registration in the vehicle.
• Orcas deputies responded to a drowning. The victim’s body was located and recovered, and the family was notified.
• A San Juan deputy stopped a vehicle for traveling 37 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• A San Juan deputy stopped a vehicle for not having mirrors, doors or mud flaps equipped. The driver was issued a citation for not having mud flaps.
• A Lopez deputy was called about a dispute between a motorist and a group of bicyclists not sharing the road well on the way to the Lopez ferry landing. After speaking with both sides, no further action was necessary.
• A Lopez deputy investigated a single-car crash on Mud Bay Road. The car had run off the road and struck a tree, resulting in minor injuries to the driver. The driver was cited for using a cell phone while driving.
• A San Juan deputy stopped a vehicle in Friday Harbor for failing to stop at a stop sign and for expired registration. The driver was issued citations for expired registration and for not having insurance, and was given a verbal warning for the stop sign violation and for not having registration in the car.
• A Lopez deputy conducted a vehicle identification number inspection at a resident’s request in order to facilitate the disposal of a derelict vehicle from their property.
• A deputy confirmed the addresses of two registered sex offenders on Lopez Island.
• A deputy had to force entry to a locked Lopez residence so emergency medical services could evaluate a person who had fallen and injured themselves. The injured person was flown to a mainland hospital for medical treatment.