Food for Thought Program, San Juan Island School District #149
Join a student art exhibition and community dinner, 5–7:30 p.m., Wednesday, Jan. 11 in the high school commons, presented by the Food for Thought Program and baking class. Suggested donations are $15 for adults and $7 for kids under 12. The Greek dinner menu is below:
• Chicken Gyros: roasted chicken in a soft pita with tzatziki and romaine lettuce (vegetarian option available).
• Pork Souvlaki: skewers of pork shoulder marinated, grilled and braised.
• Rice Pilaf: seasoned rice with fresh herbs, onions and peas.
• Greek Salad: cucumber, tomato, Kalamata olives, red onion, banana peppers and feta cheese.
• Tzatziki: creamy cucumber–yogurt sauce.
• Hummus: traditional dip made with chickpeas, garlic and tahini.
• Baklava: rich, sweet layers of phyllo dough, chopped nuts and honey.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.