The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• San Juan deputies witnessed a domestic violence no-contact order violation. The suspect was arrested and booked into jail after attempting to barricade themselves in their vehicle.
• A deputy issued a driver in Friday Harbor a citation for not having a valid driver’s license with ID, not having proof of liability insurance and a warning for speeding.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a noninjury collision.
• A report of a theft in Friday Harbor was documented.
• A driver was issued a citation in Friday Harbor for failing to wear a seat belt and for not having proof of liability insurance.
• Deputies responded to a report of a theft from a motor vehicle in Friday Harbor and met with the victim.
• A deputy on San Juan booked a person on outstanding warrants.
• After a person reported that her roommate started a fire in their home, deputies determined that the person who started the fire suffered from a medical condition. She was transported to a hospital for an evaluation.
• A driver in Friday Harbor received a citation for not having a valid driver’s license with ID and a warning for traveling left of the center line.
• A Lopez resident called for assistance with his neighbor’s dogs, who were frequently running amok through the neighborhood. A warning letter was issued.
• Deputies on Orcas responded to two separate reports of thefts. For the first, the victim was contacted and an investigation is underway. In the other, the suspect was seen on a security system attempting to load wood into his pickup truck. The suspect was known to the victim, who elected not to pursue charges.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped the driver of a vehicle and issued them a citation for speeding.
• An Orcas deputy received a complaint about littering.
• A driver on Orcas was stopped for speeding and issued a citation for traveling 14 miles over the speed limit.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a complaint of a dog-at-large.
• A Lopez deputy stopped and ticketed a driver for traveling 50 mph in a 35 mph zone on Center Road.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a report of a domestic disturbance in the Friday Harbor area. The incident was verbal only.
• A Lopez man reported the theft of a power tool.
• A driver on Orcas was stopped for speeding and issued a citation for traveling 54 mph in a 35 mph zone.
• A nighttime visitor to Crescent Beach was contacted by deputies and informed that the beach was only open for day-time use.
• Following the report of a domestic disturbance, a San Juan deputy contacted the people involved.
• A deputy on Orcas conducted a traffic stop and issued the driver a citation notice for failing to register the vehicle.
• Deputies on Orcas stopped drivers for speeding in three separate incidents. One driver was issued a citation for traveling 9 miles over the speed limit; two others received warnings.
• A deputy investigated a death on San Juan.
• When a Decatur resident returned home, they found the locked doors to their house standing wide open and an unfamiliar vehicle in their driveway. Nothing appeared to be missing or damaged.
• A deputy took a report of a theft in the Friday Harbor area.
• Witness tampering in an active criminal case was reported to a Lopez deputy.
• A Friday Harbor deputy contacted both people involved in a reported traffic collision.
• Some abandoned property was turned over to a deputy on Orcas.
• A Lopez resident filed a delayed report of someone who had been on their property in early morning.
• A deputy was dispatched to a domestic disturbance in the San Juan area.
• A deputy responded to a minor accident without injuries on San Juan, completed a state collision report, impounded the vehicle and issued the driver four citations.
• An Orcas deputy was dispatched to a reported theft at the ferry terminal.
• A Lopez resident was issued a citation for driving 54 mph in a 35 mph zone.
• An Orcas deputy was dispatched to a report of a sex offense.
• On San Juan, a deputy stopped a vehicle driven by a person suspected of being wanted on a warrant. The driver was arrested for driving under the influence.
• Deputies responded to a theft in the Friday Harbor area, contacted the person who made the call and took a report.
• A San Juan deputy issued a Friday Harbor driver a citation for not having proof of liability insurance, and warnings for defective taillights/brake lights and an expired registration.