The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A Lopez deputy ticketed a driver for speeding 40 mph in a 20 mph school zone on Center Road.
• A San Juan deputy issued a driver a citation for speeding.
• A San Juan deputy issued a driver citations for not having a valid driver’s license with ID and for speeding.
• A San Juan deputy contacted an individual who was required to wear a GPS monitor. The tracker’s battery had run out of power and the subject was arrested for third-degree escape and resisting arrest.
• Deputies responded to an Eastsound address where a vehicle was reportedly being buried by an excavator operator. An investigation led to the arrest of the operator for littering, malicious mischief and obstructing a law enforcement officer.
• An Orcas deputy was dispatched to an ongoing dispute among neighbors. A trespass warning letter was issued.
• A San Juan deputy issued a driver a citation for speeding 61 mph in a 45 mph zone.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a report of a protection order violation. The suspect has not yet been located.
• A Lopez driver was stopped for passing in a no-passing zone. A records check showed him as having a suspended driver’s license. A citation was issued for the driving violation, and charging documents were sent to the court for driving with a suspended license.
• A deputy on Orcas conducted interviews of parties involved in an intake report for the Washington State Department of Children, Youth and Families.
• San Juan deputies arrested and booked a person wanted on multiple local warrants into the San Juan County Jail.
• A bicycle was reported stolen from an apartment building in Eastsound.
• An Orcas deputy took a report of an apparent hit-and-run vehicle collision. The reporting party had discovered damage to the rear bumper of their vehicle and figured the damage occurred sometime within the week prior.
• A deputy on Orcas located and arrested a wanted person and transported them to be booked into the San Juan County Jail.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of a possible assault.
• San Juan deputies responded to a report of a person acting strangely in Friday Harbor. The subject was transported to the hospital for evaluation.
• San Juan deputies were dispatched to a report of a possible domestic disturbance at a hotel in Friday Harbor. The deputies’ investigation concluded that no crime was committed.
• A Lopez deputy performed a Vehicle Identification Number inspection and completed a junk vehicle affidavit for a resident looking to dispose of a derelict vehicle.
• A deputy on Orcas recognized the driver of a vehicle as someone with a suspended driver’s license. After the deputy initiated a traffic stop, the driver fled in the vehicle, abandoned it and escaped on foot.
• A San Juan deputy stopped a driver for speeding in Friday Harbor and ultimately issued them a citation for not having insurance.
• A Lopez deputy escorted a vehicle with malfunctioning headlights to the ferry dock.
• A San Juan deputy discovered that the radar trailer was damaged.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a single-vehicle rollover.
• A deputy was contacted about suspicious activity in the Friday Harbor area.
• A Lopez deputy ticketed a driver for failing to stop for a school bus that had its red lights flashing, based on a complaint from the school bus driver.
• A deputy was on San Juan responded to a report of a two-vehicle collision. One person was arrested.
• A deputy on Orcas conducted a traffic stop and gave the driver a warning for speeding.
• An Orcas deputy conducted a traffic stop and issued the driver a warning for failing to dim their headlights.
• A deputy on Orcas issued a driver a warning for a defective taillight.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a welfare check. The subject was contacted and found to be in good health and not in need of any further help.
• A San Juan deputy arrested a person on a local felony warrant.
• An Orcas deputy stopped a driver, a local man, on Olga Road. The driver was issued a citation for driving 47 mph in a 35 mph-zone and for not having a valid driver’s license. He was also issued a verbal warning for not having proof of liability insurance.
• An Orcas deputy issued a driver a citation for speeding 51 mph in a 35 mph zone.
• A deputy on Orcas took a report regarding the theft of a kayak.
• An Orcas deputy issued a driver a warning for speeding.
• A deputy on Orcas issued a driver a warning for speeding.