The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls:
• A Lopez deputy assisted a motorist who had locked their keys in their travel trailer in Lopez Village.
• A Friday Harbor deputy took a report of a resident possibly using drugs.
• Deputies impounded an abandoned vehicle on a county road on Orcas.
• Deputies were dispatched to a weapons offense. The suspect was taken into custody for second-degree assault with a firearm and booked into the San Juan County Sheriff’s holding facility.
• While performing an area check in Friday Harbor, deputies issued a citation for camping illegally.
• An Orcas deputy was dispatched with Orcas Island Fire and Rescue to a single-vehicle collision on Orcas Road.
• A Lopez deputy was contacted regarding an abandoned boat and trailer at the Hunter Bay dock. Attempts are being made to contact the owner.
• A welfare check was performed on a Friday Harbor resident.
• San Juan deputies responded to a report of a single vehicle that collided with an embankment. The driver was issued a citation.
• A deputy on Orcas Island responded to a report of a vehicle prowl that occurred sometime the night before.
• A deputy cited a driver on Orcas for speeding 46 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• Deputies on Orcas located and arrested a subject for three outstanding warrants. The subject was also arrested for possession of a controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia, trespassing in the second degree and resisting arrest.
• A deputy responded to a report of a juvenile problem in Friday Harbor.
• San Juan deputies were dispatched to a report of a physical domestic assault-in-progress. One involved party was booked into jail.
• A deputy was dispatched to a report of an order violation in Friday Harbor. The suspect was not located.
• After deputies responded to a delayed report of a theft in Friday Harbor, a suspect was identified by video surveillance. Attempts are underway to locate the suspect.
• A deputy responded to a walk-in report of found property. The property owner could not be located, and the property was submitted to the evidence room.
• A deputy responded to a burglary in an Eastsound business. It was discovered that someone had gained entry and stolen items by forcing open a window.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a walk-in report of found property. The property owner could not be located. The found property was submitted to the evidence room.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor arrested a wanted person on a misdemeanor and a felony warrant. The individual was booked into jail.
• A Lopez deputy was contacted to assist with unwanted email contact from a person they used to date. No crime has occurred at this point. The other person will be contacted and warned to cease the unwanted communication.
• A speeding driver on Orcas was issued a citation for driving 44 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• A deputy was dispatched to an order violation in Friday Harbor. The suspect was located and arrested on another violation.
• Deputies responded to a welfare check on an inmate in a holding cell. The inmate was treated and released by medical personnel.
• A Friday Harbor deputy received a delayed walk-in report of a hit-and-run. There is no vehicle information, no suspects and no workable leads at this time.
• A deputy responded to a report of a shoplifter in Friday Harbor. Store employees were unable to determine what items were taken. Suspects were located, the store declined to prosecute for theft and the suspects were removed from the store.
• A deputy responded to a delayed report of a fraud in Friday Harbor. Due to a lack of workable leads, there’s no further investigation.
• Friday Harbor deputies took a walk-in report of a citizen dispute.
• Narcotics and paraphernalia were turned over to a deputy on Orcas.
• Deputies completed a collision report of a two-vehicle, non-injury accident in Friday Harbor.
• A deputy was dispatched to a possible domestic report that was later learned to be a medical call. The patient was transported to the medical center for further evaluation.