The San Juan County Sheriff’s office responded to the following calls.
• A deputy on Orcas was dispatched to a trespassing call at a local business. The suspect was found and told they would be arrested if they trespassed there again.
• A deputy on Orcas confronted an individual wanted for arrest. Once the individual learned they were under arrest and not free to leave, they threw coffee at the deputy and fled the scene. The individual was found shortly after, arrested, and transported to Friday Harbor.
• Deputies responded to a domestic dispute between juvenile siblings on Orcas. An investigation was conducted and a report was written documenting the incident.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to multiple reports of vehicle prowls. Cash, keys, credit cards, identification, and other personal belongings were stolen from multiple vehicles. An investigation is ongoing.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of a dog at large. The dog was located and returned to its owner who was issued a citation for dog-at-large, second offense.
• A deputy took custody of a wallet that had been found in Friday Harbor. The owner was notified but was already on the ferry to the mainland. The wallet’s owner returned to Friday Harbor the same day and retrieved their wallet.
• On San Juan, a deputy was informed that street signs had been stolen. Public Works was notified. There is currently no suspect information or workable leads.
• A deputy on San Juan was present during a court-ordered standby. The process went without incident or dispute.
• A deputy responded to a report of someone littering into the water off San Juan Island. The possible suspect was unable to be contacted at the time. Photographs, however, were taken.
• Deputies on San Juan responded to an issue in the jail. An inmate eventually calmed themselves down enough for deputies to escort the individual to the safety cell.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor received a report of a prowler. Though the deputy did not locate anyone in the area, the reporting party had a video of the incident. This case is still under investigation.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a request from Child Protective Service for help with an intake.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of a note posted that threatened the caller. Security camera footage was reviewed from the area but no suspects were identified. The incident was documented.
• On San Juan, a deputy was assaulted by an inmate during a court hearing in the jail. The inmate was taken back into custody and returned to their cell.
• Orcas deputies continue to investigate an allegation of sexual assault.
• A person whose bike was stolen in Friday Harbor shared photos and information about the bike with a reporting deputy.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor received a report of an unwanted person, who had left the area and was unable to be located.
• A deputy responded to a suspicious call near Orcas Road. The reporting party was given advice about how to help deter unwanted guests.
• A Lopez resident was contacted near the skate park and given a warning for possessing an open container of alcohol.
• An Orcas deputy authored a courtesy report regarding a late-reported collision on private property.
• A deputy on San Juan issued a 24-hour tow notice on two parked vehicles that were illegally parked on public roads.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped a driver with a suspended driver’s license. The case was forwarded to the prosecutor’s office for a charging decision.
• A deputy was dispatched to a hit and run on San Juan. The deputy took photos of both vehicles involved and spoke with the witness. No crime appeared to have been committed, however.
• A San Juan deputy responded to and documented a report of theft.
• A deputy on San Juan received an item as found property and entered it into evidence.
• A county employee found an e-bike in the bushes near the Lopez skatepark. Attempts have been made to locate the owner.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of a citizen assist. No crime was committed and the incident was documented.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a report of a missing person. The deputy searched the area with other individuals who were on the scene. The missing person was found safe; it was learned that she had wandered into the wrong cabin while intoxicated and had fallen asleep.
• A Lopez deputy responded to an injured person incident.
• A deputy on San Juan investigated a report of vandalism where a possible road rage incident turned into a subject vandalizing another person’s vehicle.
• A Lopez resident filed a report of harassment claiming the neighbor was photographing a contractor who was evaluating a job on the reporting person’s property. A report was completed and civil court information was provided.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a noise complaint. The resident had recently received verbal warnings for noise violations and was issued a citation for violating the San Juan County noise ordinance.
• On San Juan, a deputy took a report of a lost wallet that was entered into evidence because the owner could not be located.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a report of domestic violence. The incident was investigated and it was found no crime had occurred.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a report of credit card fraud. The card was unknowingly lost, then used in Friday Harbor. An investigation ensued and is ongoing.
• A deputy responded to a report of suspicious activity on San Juan. A citizen came home and their dog was not in their house. The dog was later returned by a neighbor, which the citizen found to be suspicious.
• A deputy was dispatched to a reported theft in Friday Harbor. A security camera captured a person taking items without paying for them. The person was contacted and the items were recovered. A report was forwarded to prosecuting attorney’s office for a charge of third-degree theft.
• A Lopez deputy was called out for a non-injury motor vehicle accident on private property. The driver had misjudged the driveway’s trajectory and ended up high-centered on large rocks. The vehicle’s owner called a towing agency.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of a burglary. The owner has memory issues, and it was found that someone had been hired to remove items from the house because the owner was moving.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of an animal problem. A dog owner was walking their dog off-leash when it got into a fight with another dog that was on a leash. The leashed dog’s owner attempted to stop the fight and was bitten by the off-leash dog, causing minor injury.
• The reporting deputy was dispatched to a drug problem in Friday Harbor. One person was charged with drug possession.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a walk-in report of a domestic incident. No crime was committed and the incident was documented.