The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A Lopez deputy was called to pick up a license plate that had been found, having apparently fallen off a local vehicle. The deputy delivered it to the owner who was unaware that it was lost.
• A deputy on San Juan took a report of graffiti on a building. A photograph was taken and the incident was documented. There are no workable leads or suspects at this time.
• Deputies were dispatched to a domestic disturbance in the Eastsound area.
• A deputy responded to an unattended death in Eastsound. It was determined the person died of natural causes.
• Twice, San Juan deputies responded to reports of a citizen assist. In both cases, the arguing parties were separated for the night and the incidents were documented.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a citizen assist call. The citizen gave the deputy some unwanted ammunition that he found abandoned in the woods in Eastern Washington.
• Deputies on Orcas responded to a possible domestic incident. After all the parties were interviewed it was determined no arrest would be made.
• San Juan deputies responded to a report of suspicious circumstances. An investigation revealed property had been inadvertently damaged and that no crime had occurred.
• A Lopez deputy was sent to check on a report that a deer was struck and in the road. The deputy found the deer was deceased, and had been moved off the road.
• An Orcas deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle on Dolphin Bay Road. The driver was subsequently issued a citation for speeding.
• San Juan deputies responded to a single-vehicle collision. The driver was charged with negligent driving and driving with a suspended license.
• A deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle on Orcas Road. The driver was subsequently issued a citation for speeding.
• A Lopez deputy performed a VIN inspection on Decatur Island.
• On Orcas, a deputy received property that was found by a citizen.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for driving without tail lights when required. The driver received multiple warnings and a citation for operating a vehicle without registration or license plates.
• On San Juan, a deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for an expired registration. The driver was issued a citation for not having insurance.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped the driver of a vehicle who was traveling 45 mph in a posted 25 mph speed zone. The driver was issued a citation for speeding.
• A deputy was dispatched to a vandalism call in the Eastsound area.