Submitted by Island Rec
Take cardio yoga with Katerina Wen.
This class is a fun and energetic package of cardio yoga poses, strong breath-work and spiraling whole body movements. An optimal self-care package for those who seek to gain the quickest results for the least amount of workout time.
Whether the primary goal is to burn off those extra pounds, reset metabolisms at a higher rate, have radiant looking skin or maintain high sustainable energy all through the day, this class:
• Tones and strengthens skeletal muscles.
• Helps speed up metabolism, gently lowering blood sugar, cholesterol and blood pressure.
• Balances neurotransmitters and stabilizes positive emotions.
• Helps generate deep restful sleep.
• Increases hydration of the skin and collagen production.
• Maintains flexibility of joints and repair of bone matrix.
• Increases self-confidence and overall performance.
• Connects people with their spiritual core.
The class is offered from 8:15-9:15 a.m., Thursdays, October through November for $43. Register for the December and January session by Nov. 22 and the cost is $38.
Classes are held at the Dance Workshop 2. For more information and registration visit www.islandrec.org, stop by the office at 580 Guard St. from 11 a.m.-5 p.m., weekdays, or call 360-378-4953.