Submitted by the San Juan Islands Museum of Art
You are invited to have some fun at home with your whole family! The San Juan Islands Museum of Art offers take-home Family Art Packs designed by art instructor, Lana Hickman. During November and December, families can pre-register to pick up packs and instructions for each week’s at-home session from 1-3 p.m. each Saturday for the entertaining projects listed. Have fun picking out all or any of the classes.
In the spirit of the current exhibit in SJIMA’s atrium gallery, SPACE, MUSES, ETC., by Sam Stubblefield, the themes for the next weeks are drawn from nature and science.
• Nov. 7- SEASON WHEEL: highlighting colors of the four seasons in multi-media.
• Nov. 14- KALEIDSCOPES: using mirrors to create symmetrical reflections.
• Nov. 21-PIGMENTS: experimenting with colors from natural sources in your art.
• Nov. 28-PRISMS, BUBBLES, AND RAINBOWS: making a spectrometer.
• Dec. 5 – SUN PRINTS: creating with UV light, luminescence, and neon colors.
• Dec. 12- CAMERA OBSCURA: constructing a model of an early artist’s tool.
• Dec. 19- NATURAL PATTERNS & FRACTALS: illustrated using mixed media.
To register go to http://sjima.org/. Supplies are limited, so register early!
All necessary safety precautions will be in place-please wear masks or we can provide ones. SJIMA is located at 540 Spring Street. Lana will be there to greet you and answer questions. Go to www.sjima.org under “Learn” and Family Art Days for more information.
This program is sponsored by Suzy Wakefield, the Community Foundation of the San Juan Island and in part, by a grant from the Washington State Arts Commission and the National Endowment for the Arts.
If you have questions call Diane Martindale at 360-370-5814 or firstname.lastname@example.org.