Submitted by Town of Friday Harbor.
Utility upgrades and side connections are nearly complete. The contractor will spend the remainder of the week preparing for asphalt concrete pavement (A/C overlay). Paving is largely weather dependent. Work is tentatively scheduled Monday, May 9 with Tuesday, May 10 and Wednesday, May 11 reserved for rescheduling due to inclement weather. Additional information will be posted online as needed.
A project manager will be on-site at all times to address concerns. Questions for daily operations can be directed to the contractor, Justin Konnerup, Konnerup Construction 425-508-0847, or project inspector, Pedro Mena, Town of Friday Harbor at 360-378-2154. Updates for the project will be posted online.
Drive carefully and thank you in advance for proceeding with caution in areas where Crews are working in the roadway. Be aware of your surroundings at all times when inside any work zone.
• A/C Overlay – Crews anticipate working from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. in an attempt to complete paving in a single day. Work is expected to begin on West Street and progress to both lanes of First Street. The Contractor will attempt to reopen lanes as soon as asphalt is cool enough for vehicles to drive upon.
• Parking – No parking will be permitted in the project zone during this task. Signage will be placed throughout the weekend. Town reserves the right to tow vehicles left in the project zone during construction hours.
• Traffic Control – Both lanes of traffic will be closed to expedite construction. Flaggers and appropriate signage will be in place. Vehicles should anticipate moderate delays at intersections as the contractor blends asphalt near the Spring Street / First Street intersection and for local access on West Street.
• Local Access – Local access will be maintained when possible. Those needing local access to off-street parking should alert the flagger.
• Pedestrian Access – Sidewalks will remain open. Pedestrians should be aware of their surrounding at all times when walking near or through a construction zone.