- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
- Journal of the San Juans - All Content
- Journal of the San Juans - News
- Journal of the San Juans - Sports
- Journal of the San Juans - Arts & Entertainment
- Journal of the San Juans - Business
- Journal of the San Juans - Lifestyles
- Journal of the San Juans - Opinion
- Journal of the San Juans - Letters
- San Juan Islands - All Content
- San Juan Islands - News
- San Juan Islands - Sports
- San Juan Islands - Arts & Entertainment
- San Juan Islands - Business
- San Juan Islands - Lifestyles
- San Juan Islands - Opinion
- San Juan Islands - Letters
RSS (or Really Simple Syndication) feeds are free content feeds from most web sites (including this one), that contain article headlines, summaries and links back to full-text articles on the web.
For a clear and fun explanation, watch "RSS in Plain English" from CommonCraft.
What are the benefits of using RSS?
RSS is an easy way for you to be alerted when content that interests you appears on your favorite Web sites. Instead of visiting a particular Web site to browse for new articles and features, RSS automatically tells you when something new is posted online. Think of it as all of your favorite web sites coming to you, rather than you going to them.
What tools do I need to use RSS?
To start using RSS, you need a special news reader that displays RSS content feeds from Web sites you select. There are many types of news readers available. Most modern web browser software (Internet Explorer 7, Firefox, Safari, Opera) includes news reader functions. Some are available as desktop software that you download and install on your computer. Several web-based news readers are available as well.
Once you have set up your news reader, you simply subscribe to the RSS content feeds you want, usually by clicking the RSS icon visible in your web browser when you visit a web site.
By downloading the information through an RSS Feed from PNWLocalNews.com (and/or its affiliate sites) you agree you will only do so for personal use or in conjunction with a non-commercial website (a website that generates no revenue). For use in conjunction with a commercial website, please contact email@example.com. If the RSS Feed information is posted on your website, prominent attribution must be made to PNWLocalNews.com including a link to the PNWLocalNews.com home page. No other content from PNWLocalNews.com may be posted on your website.