- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
A fun way to stay in shape
Women of San Juan Island: News flash.
Well, sort of, but now that I have your attention.
I just want to let you know about an opportunity at Curves; they are letting women come for free for a week to check it out.
I have been going to Curves for about three years. This is what I like about it.
1. It’s easy and mindless and only takes 40 minutes (includes 10 minutes of stretching).
2. It’s close, within walking distance from my work, and I can go at a time that suits me.
3. When I first went, I lost 20 pounds easily and going keeps the 20 pounds off.
4. If I go two to three times a week during the winter, I can get back on my bike in spring without killing or hurting myself. I’m already in shape.
5. It’s affordable and when it comes directly out of my account, I don’t have to think about it. (Mindless, again).
6. I stretch two to three times a week too. (When do you do that?)
7. Because the machines are hydraulic, the harder you pull the harder they get, so it is always at the right challenge for you.
Did I mention stretching? This is an extra bonus that really helps keep my back from hurting. And, if you like to go with a friend, it is easy enough that you can chatter the whole time. I like going in the morning and sometimes I wake up half way around.
My favorite quote: “I have to exercise in the morning before my brain figures out what I’m doing.” — Martha Doble
San Juan Island