The San Juan County Sheriff Office responded to the following calls.
• A San Juan deputy assisted the department of social and health Services with the placement issue of a juvenile.
• Deputies responded to a welfare check in Friday Harbor. The concerned individual was located and transported to the emergency room for evaluation.
• A Lopez deputy was contacted about a possible problem with one of the caller’s roommates.
• A person found loitering at the south end of a store on Lopez was given a ride to the village.
• Deputies responded to the Friday Harbor High School to investigate a student in possession of marijuana.
• A deputy was dispatched and a collision report was filed on a non-injury, single-vehicle collision in Friday Harbor.
• San Juan deputies arrested a man with an out-of-county felony warrant. He was booked into jail and later transported to the originating agency.
• A citizen in Friday Harbor reported that a vehicle passed a school bus on Carter Avenue and Guard Street. The bus had with the flashing lights activated and the stop sign deployed. The owner of the vehicle was contacted.
• Lopez deputies and EMS performed a welfare check on a resident and provided assistance.
• Deputies investigated a report of a trespasser on San Juan Island. The reporting party requested that a trespass letter is issued.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a report of property that fell out of a truck. The truck was located later in the day and the property returned.
• A man out for his morning walk on Lopez was unable to find his way back home. Deputies were called to reunite the man, who spoke Chinese, with his family.
• A previously trespassed man was reported for shoplifting from a San Juan business. The man was located and booked into jail for burglary.
• A Lopez deputy was called to pick up a dog running at-large on the south end of the island. The dog had no tags and was taken to the kennel until the owner could be determined.
• A report of a physical assault between two students at a school on Lopez prompted a call for a deputy to investigate.
• A San Juan deputy was dispatched to a domestic disturbance. The incident was verbal in nature.
• San Juan deputies were dispatched to Peace Island Medical Center for a possible domestic incident. No crime appeared to have occurred.
• Orcas deputies conducted an area check at a local park where an illegal campsite was found and destroyed.
• A Lopez deputy picked up a dog that had been running at-large along Fisherman Bay Road. The owner was identified and told to claim the dog at the station.
• An Orcas deputy impounded a vehicle that had been abandoned on a county road.
• Lopez deputies investigated the theft of a cell phone and wallet by the victim’s house guest.
• A deputy on Orcas stopped a vehicle for speeding. The driver was issued a citation for driving 47 mph in a 35 mph zone and not having insurance.
• A person driving 60 mph in a 40 mph zone was stopped and issued a citation for speeding on Orcas.
• A Lopez deputy took a report of a single-vehicle, non-injury crash on Center Road. The car left the road for unknown reasons.
• A deputy made contact with a suspicious person in Eastsound. During the contact, the suspect consented to a search of his backpack in which narcotics, along with packaging items and a scale were found. The suspect was arrested and booked into jail.
• After receiving a report of trespassing in Friday Harbor, a deputy issued trespass warning letters to both parties.
• A deputy took a report of fraud in Friday Harbor.
• A Lopez deputy was called about a missing powerboat. The owner of the vessel located the boat on their own and did not request any further assistance.
• A resident turned in a wallet found along Fisherman Bay Road on Lopez. The owner was called and reunited with his wallet at the station.
• Deputies responded to an alarm that had been activated in a parked car at a business in Lopez Village.
• A report of a death on San Juan was investigated.
• Lopez deputies investigated the theft of firewood. A local suspect was recorded on surveillance video and will be arrested when located.
• Deputies on Orcas responded to a theft of alcohol on Jones Island.
• A domestic violence incident on Jones Island resulted in Orcas deputies arresting a man on a felony protection order violation and assault in the fourth degree.
• Deputies in Friday Harbor responded to a reported bicycle collision. The bicycle operator was flown to the mainland for treatment for serious injuries.
• A Lopez Island resident contacted a deputy to turn over a bag of marijuana found along Center Road, south of the school. The marijuana was subsequently destroyed.
• Deputies on Lopez took a report from a resident that their mailbox had been damaged in a hit-and-run collision sometime in the past three days. The mailbox was recovered from the ditch. The driver is unknown.
• A deputy was dispatched to a theft in Friday Harbor; the suspect is at-large at this time.
• Another report of a theft in Friday Harbor produced no suspects and no further information.