The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls:
• A deputy was dispatched to an order violation in Friday Harbor. After further investigation it was determined there was no violation.
• A deputy was dispatched to an animal problem in Friday Harbor. The dog owner was issued an infraction for leaving an animal confined and in an unattended motor vehicle.
• A Lopez Island deputy found a disabled vehicle that was partially blocking a lane on Center Road. The owner was contacted and arrangements were made to remove the traffic hazard as soon as possible.
• A deputy took a report of a motor vehicle theft from the Orcas Ferry terminal. The vehicle is currently being looked for and the case is under investigation.
• Deputies responded to a residence on San Juan Island to check on the welfare of a subject. The residence was empty and the call appeared to be a hoax.
• A Lopez Island deputy spoke with an island resident about a landlord-tenant dispute.
• Deputies responded to an Eastsound business for a domestic dispute. Further investigation revealed insufficient probable cause to make an arrest at the time.
• Orcas deputies investigated a suspicious circumstance in Eastsound.
• A deputy was dispatched to a theft in Friday Harbor. There are no suspects or further information at this time.
• An Orcas deputy contacted a person illegally parked in the disabled parking permit space at the end of North Beach Road. The subject was given a warning and moved the vehicle.
• A deputy was dispatched to a hit-and-run in Friday Harbor. There are no suspects at this time.
• A deputy was dispatched to a traffic offense that occurred in Friday Harbor.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to an agency assist.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a theft of two trees.
• A deputy stopped a vehicle for speeding on Mount Baker Road. The driver was cited for speeding 37 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a report of vandalism. A vehicle’s tire appeared to be stabbed by someone.
• A deputy was dispatched due to a traffic accident in Friday Harbor. The deputy discovered the cause of the accident was a medical issue. The driver of the vehicle was issued a citation for driving with a suspended or revoked license and driving with expired registration.
• A deputy on Orcas stopped and arrested a motorist for driving with a suspended license.
• A Lopez man was issued a citation for driving 51 mph in a 35 mph zone of Mud Bay Road.
• A deputy stopped a motorist after he saw him speeding near the Lopez Island Village. The driver was issued a ticket for speeding.
• A deputy was dispatched to the San Juan area in reference to a domestic dispute. The deputy arrived and made contact with the involved people. The incident was verbal only.
• Deputies on Orcas responded to an assault.
• A Lopez deputy investigated a two-vehicle collision. The driver was issued a citation for driving on the wrong side of the road.
• Deputies on Orcas responded to a domestic incident.
• A Lopez deputy was contacted to assist with a citizen dispute involving loose horses.
• A deputy was dispatched to a domestic dispute in the San Juan area. The incident was determined to be verbal in nature.
• A deputy was contacted in reference to lost property in a San Juan Island park. A report was for insurance purposes.
• A deputy issued a citation to a driver for speeding in a school zone in Friday Harbor.
• A deputy responded to a Lopez Island residence for a verbal argument between family members. There was no evidence of a crime, and a report was completed.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a report of domestic violence. An involved man was arrested for assault in the fourth degree and interfering with reporting domestic violence.
• A deputy was dispatched to a welfare check in the Friday Harbor area. The person was contacted and was OK