The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• An Orcas Island deputy impounded a vehicle that had been illegally parked on a county roadway.
• Deputies contacted a Friday Harbor driver for speeding and having a white rear light. The passenger was issued a citation for failing to wear a seat belt, and the driver was warned about the two citations.
• An Orcas deputy located a wanted person at an Eastsound business. The subject was contacted and arrested on a local county warrant, and booked and transported to the jail in Friday Harbor.
• A deputy responded to a trespassing complaint in Eastsound. Two subjects were found to be trespassing on the property. As they had been previously issued trespass warning letters, they were both arrested, cited and released with a promise to appear in court.
• San Juan deputies responded to a report of harassment. The investigation is ongoing.
• San Juan deputies responded to a welfare check.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a single-vehicle traffic collision. The driver of the vehicle had been driving under the influence, was found to be injured and flown off island to the hospital. Driving under the influence charges are pending upon the driver’s return.
• A deputy conducted a traffic stop in Eastsound for lane travel. Further investigation revealed there was probable cause to believe the driver was under the influence. The subject was arrested, processed and released with a promise to appear in court.
• A deputy on San Juan Island stopped a vehicle for expired registration. The driver was issued a citation for expired registration under two months and warned about an expired driver’s license.
• A deputy was dispatched to a single-vehicle accident in the Friday Harbor area. A report was filed.
• An Orcas deputy responded to citizen assist involving a family that is having ongoing problems.
• A deputy on San Juan Island took a report of a theft. The incident was documented.
• An Orcas Island deputy responded to a trespassing complaint during the evening at a local business. The incident was determined to be civil in nature.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a disturbance in Eastsound. An investigation determined the incident required EMS response, and law enforcement action was not required.
• A deputy was dispatched to a threatening call in Eastsound. The reporting party said he was threatened with a gun. During the investigation it was determined that no firearm had been involved and no direct threat was made.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a report of a trespassing. The subject was issued a trespass warning letter.
• A deputy was dispatched to a theft call in the Eastsound area.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a single-vehicle accident. The driver was arrested for driving under the influence and the vehicle was towed off the beach and impounded.
• A San Juan deputy was dispatched to a report of suspicious activity possibly involving narcotics. A suspect was located and arrested on Violation of the Uniform Controlled Substance Act.
• A deputy stopped a vehicle on San Juan for expired and suspended registration. A search warrant was obtained for the vehicle, and the driver was arrested for VUCSA, possession of drug paraphernalia and operating a vehicle with a suspended registration.
• A Lopez Island deputy ticketed a driver for no valid operator’s license with valid ID after stopping the subject for having no license plates displayed on the car.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a report of vandalism at an Eastsound business.
• A deputy on San Juan Island took a report of a vehicle prowl and documented the incident.
• A deputy issued a driver in Friday Harbor a citation for a defective brake light and for not having proof of insurance.