The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• Deputies contacted Lopez Island residents to investigate a report of a domestic violence incident. There was no evidence of a crime and a report was completed.
• A deputy spoke with a Lopez Island property owner regarding a trespassing complaint. The property owner stated a bicyclist urinated in her yard without her permission. The bike tour company agreed to take steps to prevent similar activities.
• A citizen brought a cell phone to dispatch. He found the phone in the “S” curves on San Juan Valley Road, near the northbound lane. The phone and case appear undamaged, and the phone is operational.
• A deputy was contacted regarding a civil dispute.
• A deputy responded to an accident in Eastsound, but the incident occurred at a different location. The deputy later found both parties exchanged information and no one was injured.
• Someone gave the sheriff’s office an item for safe keeping. The deputy booked the item into the evidence locker.
• An Orcas deputy conducted a traffic stop on Mount Baker Road for speeding. The driver was going 62 mph in a 35 mph zone.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor received a report that hospital staff was having issues with someone. The deputy observed that the person had calmed down.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor received a report of a dog at large. The dog was released to the owner with a warning letter.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor received a report of a domestic dispute. The case is still under investigation.
• A citizen requested that a deputy intervene in an unwanted contact case in Friday Harbor.
• A Friday Harbor resident reported social media harassment. The person has been dealing with a neighbor’s barking dog. A friend of the neighbor making teh complaints made threatening remarks on Facebook Messenger.
• A Lopez deputy was contacted by a resident who claimed to receive two scam telephone calls. One call purported to fix the resident’s computer and the other purported to be the resident’s grandson incarcerated in a foreign prison. No personal information was given and no financial loss was reported.
• A Lopez deputy was dispatched for a noise complaint of gunfire. The shooter did not violate the noise ordinance but was referred to code enforcement for possible land-use violation.
• A Lopez deputy was dispatched to a reported theft in progress. The matter was found to be civil in nature.
• An Orcas Island deputy conducted a traffic stop in Eastsound. The driver was given a citation for not wearing a seatbelt and not having registration documents in the car.
• A deputy was advised that a male with a San Juan County warrant was in Friday Harbor. The subject was taken into custody and booked.
• Orcas Island deputies were dispatched to a business in the Eastsound area for suspicious found property. The property was booked into evidence and a report was taken.
• An Orcas Island deputy was assigned to a possible property damage call. The deputy made contact with the reporting party, who did not want to file charges.
• An Orcas deputy took a possible animal abuse complaint from an anonymous citizen.
• A Friday Harbor business owner reported that an off-island, unwanted trespasser was coming to their business. Deputies checked various hotels and campgrounds for the suspect. Deputies were alerted to respond to the business if necessary.
• A Friday Harbor resident came to the sheriff’s office to report the theft of $200 cash from his unlocked car parked in town. There is no physical evidence or suspects.
• An Orcas woman reported missing medication.
• A deputy initiated a traffic stop in Friday Harbor and the driver was issued a citation for speeding.
• An Orcas deputy conducted a traffic stop on Crow Valley Road. The driver was cited for speeding 56 mph in a 35 mph zone.
• A Lopez deputy stopped a motorist just north of the Lopez Village. The deputy issued the driver a speeding ticket.
• A deputy stopped a motorist and issued a ticket in Lopez Village for not wearing his seatbelt.
• A deputy was dispatched to a welfare check on San Juan Island. The deputy arrived and contacted the involved parties. The deputy transported one person to the hospital for an evaluation.
• A deputy was dispatched to an agency assist on San Juan Island. The deputy contacted the involved parties. One subject was taken to Peace Island Medical Center for evaluation.
• A deputy responded to an Eastsound business regarding an unwanted person. The female subject was seen driving a vehicle. Further investigation revealed probable cause that the female was impaired. She was arrested for driving under the influence.
• A Lopez Island deputy stopped a motorist on Fisherman Bay Road for speeding. The deputy issued the driver a ticket for speeding and for not having a valid driver’s license.
• A Lopez Island deputy was sent to investigate a dog bite. An Arizona woman was bitten by a dog belonging to a California couple on a family camping trip. No enforcement action was taken. A report was filed with the health department.
• Orcas deputies responded to an Eastsound resident’s report of a juvenile problem. After speaking with the parties involved, the juvenile left with his mother and a report was generated. A second report was referred to juvenile services office.
• A deputy spoke with a Lopez Island resident regarding an illegal dumping complaint. An investigation is being conducted.
• A Lopez Island deputy was called to put down a severely injured deer that was caught in a fence.
• A Lopez Island deputy responded to the ferry landing regarding a despondent woman. After a discussion with the deputy, the woman agreed to return home.
• Orcas deputies responded to a call about four to five suspects allegedly trying to break into an Eastound house. Deputies arrived, searched the area and found no suspects or evidence of a possible burglary.
• A Lopez deputy was dispatched to a littering complaint at a storage unit. The person responsible was contacted and agreed to remove items that had been left.
• An Orcas deputy stopped a vehicle for speeding 37 mph in a 25 mph zone. A male was cited and released for driving with a license suspended in the second degree and speeding.
• A deputy was dispatched to an order violation in the Friday Harbor area. The deputy arrived and contacted the involved parties. No violation occurred.
• An Orcas deputy cited a vessel at the county’s day-use area at the West Sound county dock for overnight mooring. A citation was issued.
• A Lopez deputy was dispatched to investigate the death of a Lopez woman under hospice care.
• A deputy responded to a head-on vehicle collision on Orcas Road. It was discovered that one driver had been inattentive and caused the collision. One subject was flown to the hospital and is expected to recover.
• A Lopez deputy received a report of a sailboat washed up on the beach. No owner information was located.
• A Lopez deputy was dispatched to a report of damage to a vehicle.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor received a request of a welfare check. The deputy checked on the person and determined that he was fine.
• Orcas Island deputies stopped a vehicle for speeding on Orcas Road. The driver was issued a citation.
• A citizen brought a laptop and sleeve to the sheriff’s office. He found the items lying next to the road adjacent to roadwork on San Juan Valley Road.
• A Lopez Island deputy stopped a motorist and issued a speeding ticket just north of the Lopez Village.
• A Bellevue man was ticketed for speeding 51 mph in a 35 mph zone on Mud Bay Road by a Lopez Island deputy.
• A Lopez deputy received a report of abandoned property in a campsite near Mackaye Harbor. The property will be disposed.
• A deputy was dispatched to a theft in Friday Harbor. The caller provided video of a cash theft from a tip jar. The investigation continues.