The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A deputy was dispatched to a report of found property in Friday Harbor.
• A call was received from an out of town Orcas resident in regards to a known suspect who fraudulently opened cellular phone service.
• An Orcas deputy responded to an injury traffic collision in Eastsound. The driver was flown to the hospital. An investigation and report were completed.
• A deputy was dispatched to Orcas Road in regards to vandalism that occurred overnight.
• A Friday Harbor resident called to report damage to trailers on his property. Both trailers had tires slashed sometime in the last two weeks. There was no evidence at the scene and there are no suspects at this time.
• A Friday Harbor resident called to report a verbal incident with a delivery truck driver in town. There was no damage and both sides had different version of the incident. A report was filed for future reference.
• A deputy responded to a Lopez Island residence for a possible burglary and theft complaint. It was determined no crime occurred and the item was located.
• Deputies arrived at Herb’s Tavern for an unwanted patron. The male was belligerent to bar staff and the patron left when requested by a deputy.
• A Friday Harbor resident reported a man had followed her and her granddaughter, touched her granddaughter and took pictures with his phone. The subject was contacted, identified and removed from the scene. The subject was arrested. Read more on page 2.
• Orcas Island deputies responded to a reported assault that had happened the night before. The parties had separated.
• A deputy was dispatched to the San Juan Island area in reference to a neglected dog. The reporting deputy investigated the call, which was found to be unfounded.
• A Lopez Island deputy issued a motorist a ticket for speeding on Fisherman Bay Road.
• A Lopez Island deputy issued a ticket to a motorist after he saw her speeding near the Lopez Village.
• An Orcas deputy stopped a vehicle in the 100 block of Main Street for speeding 40 mph in a 25 mph zone on Orcas Rd. The driver was cited for driving with a suspended license and operating a vehicle without insurance. He was given a verbal warning for speeding and having expired registration.
• A deputy responded to a call of an animal problem in Eastsound. The deputy spoke with the parties involved and took the dog in question to the animal shelter.
• Deputies responded to an apartment in Friday Harbor to investigate a dispute. A male subject was taken into custody for domestic assault and violation of a court order.
• Deputies responded to a residence on San Juan Island to investigate a report of someone screaming. Deputies found an intoxicated male passed out at the residence on an outdoor deck.
• An Orcas deputy was flagged down in regards to an assault at the Random Howse in Eastsound. The suspect left the scene and the deputy gathered the information for a report. There were no injuries.
• A Lopez deputy was called to pick up a dog at large. The dog owner claimed the dog as the deputy arrived at the kennel.
• Friday Harbor deputies responded to a family issue. A son was having problems with his parents over what was expected of him. Deputies got his grandmother involved and were able to resolve the issue.
• A Friday Harbor resident called to report harassment by his neighbor. The neighbor was contacted and found to be dealing with mental health issues. He was advised to have no contact with his neighbor and his mental health provider will be contacted.
• A Lopez Island resident was cited for leaving an unattended vehicle in the ferry line while the 1:35 p.m. ferry to Anacortes was being loaded for departure.
• Orcas deputies responded to a call of domestic violence at Rosario Resort between a man and a woman. Deputies arrived and after speaking with the male victim, arrested the female for assault in the fourth degree and transported her to the jail.
• A San Juan deputy was contacted via the phone in reference to a suspicious circumstance. The caller was reporting an unusual contact between an unknown adult male and his child.
• A deputy was dispatched to a report of harassment in Friday Harbor. They are trying to contact the suspect.
• A deputy was dispatched to a dog problem in Friday Harbor. The deputy contacted the involved parties, and the incident was settled.
• A motorcyclist on Orcas was cited for speeding 72 mph in a posted 35 mph.