The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls:
• A Friday Harbor deputy responded to a delayed report of a suspected theft on San Juan Island. An informational report was made, but there was no evidence or workable leads to warrant further investigation.
• A Friday Harbor deputy responded to a welfare check on an individual with suspected mental illness in need of medical care. The individual was transported to the hospital for an evaluation.
• A Friday Harbor deputy responded to a delayed report of a theft of several county street signs on San Juan Island by San Juan County Public Works staff. There were witnesses or evidence.
• A Friday Harbor deputy responded to a call of drug paraphernalia found at the high school. A report was completed and the investigation is ongoing.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor received a report of a traffic collision. The deputy observed that there was one vehicle involved and wrote the driver an infraction for the collision.
• Deputies responded to a residence on San Juan to investigate a trespasser. A suspect was taken into custody.
• An Orcas deputy stopped a vehicle on Mount Baker Road. The driver, a local man, was issued an infraction for not having a valid operator’s license and was also warned for defective lights.
• A deputy made contact with a driver in Eastsound because the driver was known to have a warrant for his arrest. It was learned that the driver had a suspended driver’s license. The suspect was arrested, booked into jail and cited for driving with a suspended license.
• A Lopez deputy stopped a driver traveling 60 mph in a 35 mph zone on Mud Bay Road. The driver was issued an infraction for speeding.
• A deputy took a theft report from an Eastsound resident. It is believed that a fixed blade knife was stolen from the reporting party’s vehicle. The case is under investigation.
• At citizen reported her vehicle was damaged while it was parked at a residence on San Juan Island. The investigation continues.
• Lopez Island deputies responded to a vehicle accident on Ferry Road. The driver, who showed no signs of impairment, said he hit a tree when he swerved his car to avoid striking a deer. The driver was airlifted to the mainland for treatment.
• A deputy was dispatched to a juvenile problem in Friday Harbor. The deputy contacted the caller and some of the involved persons and an informational report was taken.
• A deputy was contacted at the sheriff’s office in reference to a fraud in the Friday Harbor area. The person reported credit card charges that did not belong. A report was taken.
• A deputy was dispatched in reference to a dog-at- large in the Friday Harbor area. The deputy contacted the caller, who said a dog is continually in their trash. The dog was gone upon the deputy’s arrival.
• A deputy was contacted in reference to a suspicious circumstance. The involved person was attempting to sell an item online. The person was contacted by an online buyer, but the information provided by the buyer was incorrect. A report was taken.
• A deputy investigated an ongoing problem regarding a juvenile.
• A Lopez deputy responded to complaint of aggressive driving. The driver was located, and a report was written.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a report of threats. A report was taken.
• A deputy responded to a report of a hit-and-run collision that occurred in Eastsound.
• A Washington State Ferries crew member reported drug activity occurring in a vehicle disembarking on Lopez Island. A deputy stopped the vehicle and obtained consent to search. No illegal drugs were found, and the occupants did not appear to be under the influence.
• A deputy on Orcas stopped a vehicle for speeding and not having a license plate displayed. The driver was issued an infraction for no proof of insurance or license plate on the vehicle.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a call of a dog bite. An unknown dog attacked another, creating puncture wounds. The case is under investigation.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor conducted a welfare check. The deputy observed that there had been a domestic disturbance.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a report of two vandalized vehicles.
• A deputy responded to a welfare check on an individual in Friday Harbor. The deputy made contact with the individual and found him in good condition and not in need of medical services.
• An Orcas Island deputy was dispatched with Orcas Fire and Rescue to a single-vehicle rollover accident on Olga Road. The vehicle was unoccupied when responding units arrived. It was discovered the vehicle was stolen. Witnesses and evidence collected on the scene gave a solid lead to investigators.
• A Lopez deputy stopped an Oregon man for speeding on Fisherman Bay Road. The man was issued an infraction for speeding 40 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• A Friday Harbor deputy responded to a report of a domestic incident. The suspect was arrested for assault domestic violence, assault on a police officer and attempted disarming of a police officer. The suspect was booked into the jail awaiting court appearance.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a report of a hit-and-run. The driver was contacted and information was exchanged.
• An Orcas deputy stopped a vehicle on Mount Baker Road. The driver was warned for speeding and issued an infraction for having an expired registration.
• An Orcas Island deputy stopped a vehicle for lane travel on Orcas Road. The driver, a local man, was issued criminal citations for driving while license is suspended or revoked in the third degree, failure to transfer title within 45 days, and a registration violation. He was also issued three traffic infractions.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor received a report of a traffic collision. The deputy investigated and completed a state collision report. The driver of the collision was cited for not having a driver’s license.
• Orcas Island deputies were dispatched to a domestic disturbance on an outer island.
• A Lopez deputy took a report about an ongoing neighbor dispute. No enforcement action was taken.
• A deputy on Orcas stopped a driver for having expired tabs. The driver was issued an infraction for having an expired registration and no proof of insurance.