The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A deputy was dispatched to a reported parking problem in Friday Harbor. Tickets were issued.
• A deputy responded to an accident in the Eastsound area. A bicyclist reported they were nearly struck by a speeding vehicle, which caused them to swerve and crash their bicycle.
• Deputies responded to a report of a suspicious male on Crescent Beach Drive on Orcas. An intoxicated male was located and given a courtesy transport home.
• A deputy responded to a suspicious circumstance call in Friday Harbor. The deputy spoke with a mother of kids involved and an information report was made.
• An Orcas deputy issued a driver a warning for speeding and failure to notify the department of licensing of an address change.
• Deputies were advised of an unoccupied vehicle parked in the staging lane of the Orcas terminal. The owner agreed to move it.
• A Friday Harbor deputy received a report of identity theft. The victim reported that her social security number had been stolen.
• San Juan deputies were dispatched to an address to facilitate contact between two parties regarding a dog bite call. The residence appeared unoccupied and no contact was made.
• A deputy checked on the welfare of a person in Friday Harbor.
• Orcas deputies were advised of a construction truck driving dangerously near Lake Killebrew. The business owner was contacted; they advised they would counsel their workers.
• A San Juan deputy issued a warning to a driver of a vehicle with two inoperable brake lights.
• San Juan deputies witnessed a driver who appeared to have consumed alcohol. It was later determined that the driver was not under the influence. The driver had a suspended license and was issued a criminal citation. The driver and passenger were given a courtesy transport home.
• A deputy investigated a reported residential burglary on San Juan Island. No burglary had occurred.
• An Orcas deputy stopped a vehicle with expired registration. The driver was issued a citation for having an expired registration and warned for not having proof of insurance.
• A Friday Harbor deputy issued a citation to a driver who failed to obey a stop sign.
• A San Juan resident reported being chased by a dog. The dog’s owner was contacted and warned to keep his dog under control.
• A San Juan deputy assisted Washington State Ferries personnel with a truck and trailer that was stuck and delayed a sailing.
• A Lopez deputy investigated a single-vehicle collision. The case was forwarded to the district court with charges requested.
• A deputy responded to a report of a verbal domestic assault in Friday Harbor. The deputy arrived to find a woman at the scene who said that a man involved had left. The woman told the deputy she did not call and did not want a report made.
• A San Juan deputy checked on a vehicle left running on Spring Street at around 8 p.m. The owner was contacted, and it was discovered that the new vehicle had a push button starter that didn’t completely shut the vehicle down.
• Deputies issued a traffic citation to a driver for speeding 41 mph in a 25 mph zone near Eastsound.
• San Juan deputies responded to a noninjury, non-reportable collision.
• A deputy stopped a car for having expired registration in Friday Harbor. The driver was cited and released for driving with a suspended license in the second degree and issued a citation for having an expired registration. The vehicle was towed.
• Orcas deputies issued a citation to a driver for speeding 41 mph in a 25 mph zone near Eastsound.
• A Lopez Island deputy responded with Lopez fire to a commercial building with an alarm sounding and an acrid burning smell evident. No fire was found.
• Intoxicated patrons created a scene in a Lopez establishment after being cut off and asked to leave by the bartender. After learning law enforcement had been called, the subjects left quickly.
• A San Juan deputy transported an inmate to the hospital for treatment.
• An Orcas deputy issued a driver a citation for speeding 44 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• A deputy started an investigation of illegal mooring and possible dumping of sewage from vessels in West Sound on Orcas.
• A deputy was dispatched to a citizen assist in Friday Harbor.
• An Orcas deputy warned a driver for failure to utilize a turn signal.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a report of a trespassing.
• An Orcas deputy issued a warning to a driver for speeding.
• Deputies responded to a trauma call on San Juan.
• A deputy responded to a traffic offense in Friday Harbor.
• A San Juan deputy was dispatched to a report of a domestic dispute incident .
• A deputy was dispatched to a reported theft in Friday Harbor.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a parking issue. A vehicle was parked in a handicap space without a placard. The driver was issued a citation.
• A deputy responded to an unwanted person call in Friday Harbor. The deputy spoke with the caller, obtained a signed trespass letter and served the letter to the subject.
• A Georgia driver was ticketed for speeding 45 mph in the 25 zone on Fisherman Bay Road.
• A Lopez man reported that his vehicle was damaged by another motorist while aboard a Washington State Ferries sailing from Anacortes to Lopez.
• Deputies served a civil protection order in Eastsound and took custody of a firearm for safekeeping.
• A Lopez deputy issued a driver a warning for driving without a driver’s license after stopping them for suspected cell phone use while driving.
• Deputies responded to a possible order violation near Eastsound. It was determined that the order was not violated. The involved party was advised of the protected person’s new address and moved along.
• Three drivers were each issued citations in Friday Harbor for failing to obey a stop sign.
• An Orcas deputy issued a driver a warning for defective brake lights.
• A Lopez deputy took a report of trees being cut and removed from land bank property at the Hummel Lake Preserve.
• A Lopez deputy issued a driver a warning for not having a valid operator’s license with valid identification and for having a passenger in a trailer.
• A Lopez deputy was asked to verify family members who arrived on the island after they failed to check in as promised. They were located and reminded to call their family.
• Deputies located and arrested a wanted subject inside a local bar in Friday Harbor. The subject is being held for a court appearance.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a residence on a report of an unwanted subject on the premises. No one was there when the deputy arrived.