The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• An Orcas deputy was called to assist an agency in Eastsound.
• San Juan deputies stopped a driver known to have no valid license. The driver was issued a citation.
• Deputies on San Juan responded to a report of domestic violence. It was determined that no crime had occurred, and the incident was documented.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a report of a traffic offense. The investigation is ongoing.
• San Juan deputies responded to the report of an assault. The suspect had fled the scene prior to the deputies’ arrival and was not located. This case is ongoing.
• A deputy responded to a collision on Orcas Island. The female driver had walked home and later requested medical assistance. The driver was then transported to a hospital for treatment. It is not known when the collision actually occurred.
• A Lopez resident requested a deputy check on the welfare of a young child. The deputy contacted the child and their parent, and the case was referred to Child Protective Services.
• A deputy on San Juan was dispatched to a littering incident in the Friday Harbor area. The littering offense was an abandoned vehicle, and one person was issued a citation.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a suspicious circumstance. The person reporting the incident was contacted, and a report was completed.
• A deputy on Orcas located a person with outstanding arrest warrants. The person was arrested and booked into jail.
• An Orcas Island deputy conducted a traffic stop near Eastsound. The driver was given a citation for not wearing their seat belt and for not carrying their driver’s license.
• An Orcas Island deputy responded to a report of an order violation. An investigation was completed, and a report was taken.
• San Juan deputies were advised of a possible DUI. The driver was located and arrested.
• Orcas deputies responded to an unattended death in Eastsound. An investigation was completed and a report taken.
• A Lopez deputy assisted a property owner in verifying that trespassers had vacated the premises.
• A deputy was dispatched to an agency assist in the Friday Harbor area. The reporting deputy arrived and assisted in getting a person needed treatment.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor was dispatched on a report of a suspicious circumstance. The reporting deputy arrived in the area and made contact with the person and filed a report.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for an expired registration. The driver was issued a citation for an expired registration over two months and for not having insurance.
• A deputy on Lopez Island was called to investigate a suspicious vehicle.
• A driver on Lopez was stopped by a deputy for unlawfully using a cell phone while driving. The deputy subsequently ticketed the driver for that citation along with not having a valid driver’s license and for not having current liability insurance.
• Deputies were dispatched to reported assault on San Juan. The involved persons were contacted, and a report was completed.
• A deputy on Orcas conducted a traffic stop and issued the driver a warning for speeding.
• A driver on Orcas was stopped by deputies and issued a warning for defective equipment.
• On three separate occasions, Orcas Island deputies stopped drivers for speeding and issued each of them a warning.
• A deputy on Orcas conducted a traffic stop and issued the driver of a vehicle a citation for traveling 10 mph over the speed limit, and for failing to renew the car’s registration more than two months.
• A San Juan deputy was dispatched to conduct a welfare check. The person was contacted and a report filed.
• A deputy responded to a dispute between neighbors on Orcas Island and determined the incident was a civil issue and that no crime had been committed. The complainant advised the deputy that he had already contacted his attorney.
• An Orcas deputy was dispatched to a report of an erratic driver but found the vehicle gone when they arrived.
• Allegations of sexual assault were reported to a deputy on Orcas Island. The deputy interviewed the alleged victim and began an investigation.
• Deputies issued a Bellevue resident a citation for driving 42 mph in a 25 mph zone of Fisherman Bay Road on Lopez Island.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a vehicle-versus-tree collision. The driver was found deceased.
• A deputy on Orcas Island conducted a traffic stop and issued the driver of the vehicle a citation for failing to renew the vehicle’s registration and for not having proof of liability insurance.
• Deputies responded to a report of a possible DUI on Orcas. The deputy followed the vehicle and did not see any indication of impairment. When the deputy stopped the driver, who was found not to be impaired, they were issued a warning for having an obstructed license plate.
• A Lopez Island deputy was called to investigate a reported violation of a protective order.
• A deputy on Orcas Island responded to an animal at-large complaint. The deputy checked the area and was unable to locate the dog.
• A deputy was dispatched to a report of a domestic dispute in Friday Harbor. Both parties were separated, and a report was completed.
• Deputies issued a driver in Friday Harbor a citation for failing to wear a seat belt and a warning for failing to have a driver’s license in their possession.
• Deputies in Friday Harbor were dispatched to an overdose, and the patient was flown off island for further treatment.