The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• San Juan deputies conducted a traffic stop that resulted in the driver’s arrest for a criminal traffic offense.
• A deputy met with a Lopez resident about a vehicle theft. The stolen vehicle was subsequently located by another resident on the island. There will be an investigation to try to identify the person(s) responsible for the theft.
• Deputies responded to a roll-over wreck on Orcas. When they arrived, they found that a single vehicle had rolled down an embankment. The driver and an infant in the car were treated and released on the scene; the driver was arrested for driving under the influence.
• Deputies on San Juan responded to a report of a domestic incident. No crime was committed and the it was documented.
• A Friday Harbor deputy issued a citation to a driver for having no proof of liability insurance, and warned the driver about failing to obey a stop sign and for not having registration.
• A Lopez deputy performed a welfare check on someone after it was reported the person might be in crisis.
• San Juan deputies conducted a traffic stop on Cattle Point Road. The driver received a citation for failing to stop at a stop sign and for following too closely, and a warning for failing to have their license with them and for having expired insurance.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped a driver for having an expired registration. The driver was issued a citation for not having insurance and was given a warning for having an expired registration for over two months.
• A Lopez deputy was told of a driver passing on a double yellow line and exceeding the speed limit. The driver was located at the ferry dock and issued a verbal warning.
• An Orcas deputy was dispatched to a possible overdose near Eastsound. After the person was evaluated by EMS they were cleared as OK.
• Deputies on San Juan arrested a person on an outstanding felony warrant.
• Deputies on San Juan stopped the driver of a vehicle for speeding and having expired tabs. The driver was arrested for driving under the influence and issued a speeding citation for driving 47 mph in a 25 mph zone and for having an expired registration over two months.
• Deputies were dispatched a citizen assist in Friday Harbor. It was learned that the reporting party was violating certain conditions and a report was sent to the probation office.
• Orcas deputies collected 16.9 pounds of pharmaceuticals during a drug take-back at Ray’s Pharmacy and the substation.
• San Juan deputies were dispatched to a two-car non-injury collision. The scene was investigated and a collision report generated.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a disturbance between two dog owners.
• A deputy was dispatched to a probation violation in the Friday Harbor area. The person was contacted and found to be in violation of probation.
• A welfare check was conducted on a Lopez resident.
• Deputies on San Juan responded to a multi-person dispute in the road. The parties were dispersed when deputies arrived and the incident was documented.
• Orcas deputies responded to a domestic disturbance in the Eastsound area. No crime had been committed and the parties were separated for the night.
• A Lopez deputy came upon a vehicle that had just slid off Ferry Road into the ditch after losing traction on the packed snow. No one was injured, the vehicle was not damaged though a tow truck was needed to remove the vehicle from the ditch. No enforcement action was taken.
• No one was injured after a vehicle slid off Hummel Lake Road into the ditch after losing traction on the packed snow surface on Lopez. Deputies noted the vehicle was not obviously damaged and it remained until conditions improved to allow it to be safely removed.
• A deputy responded to a report of a vehicle that slid off Center Road on Lopez after losing traction. A passerby had helped pull the vehicle out before the deputy arrived. No one was injured, damage was minimal and the driver was able to continue on his way.
• Deputies on Orcas responded to a nuisance dog complaint. The complainant had caught the neighbor’s dog chasing and biting his chickens.
• A Friday Harbor deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for an expired registration. The driver was arrested for an active parole violation warrant and driving with a suspended license in the third degree. The male was booked into jail and issued citations for not having insurance and an expired registration over two months.
• Orcas deputies responded to a report of a vehicle blocking the roadway with the driver apparently asleep behind the wheel. The driver, however, had left the area before deputies arrived.
• Deputies responded to a complaint on Orcas that two dogs had attacked another dog.
• A San Juan deputy was dispatched to a littering call. One person was issued a citation for failing to move an abandoned vehicle.