The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A deputy took a report of an alleged stalking incident. Through the report, it appeared the incident was civil in nature.
• A Lopez resident received several suspicious phone calls purportedly from a large tech company advising of a computer problem. The resident recognized the calls were phony an called the tech company and law enforcement.
• San Juan deputies were dispatched to a welfare check.
• A deputy verified a home address for a registered sex offender, as required by law, on Lopez. A report was completed.
• An Orcas deputy responded to the Deer Harbor area for an animal problem.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor was notified that a person who came into the sheriff’s office had a warrant for their arrest. The deputy contacted and arrested the person on the warrant and booked them into the jail.
• A Lopez deputy was contacted for a citizen dispute regarding the unauthorized use of a private road.
• A Lopez deputy performed a welfare check and found the involved persons to be fine.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a trespassing complaint at a local Eastsound business.
• An Orcas deputy was dispatched to a suspicious call in the Eastsound area. The reporting party claimed they hired a heating company and they had not done the work that was charged for. The reporting party was found to be intoxicated, which was a violation of her release conditions.
• San Juan County deputies responded to a report of a domestic dispute. Investigation revealed that a crime occurred; the suspect was arrested.
• A deputy was dispatched to the area of Friday Harbor in reference to a suspicious circumstance. Dispatch received multiple reports of a subject acting strange. The subject was contacted and arrested for possessing drugs. A report was taken.
• A deputy on San Juan took possession of found property.
• A Lopez deputy issued a criminal citation to a male regarding a possession of stolen property case on San Juan Island.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped a vehicle for expired registration. The driver was issued an infraction for expired registration over two months, no insurance and no valid operator’s license with ID.
• A deputy issued a infraction to a driver for failure to obey a stop sign in Friday Harbor.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a suspicious call in Eastsound. The suspicious person was contacted and issued a trespass warning letter.
• A Lopez deputy investigated a single-vehicle crash on Lopez Sound Road where a fence was damaged. No injury was reported in the collision, and insurance information was provided to the property owner. The vehicle was not driveable, and needed to be towed for repairs.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped a driver for driving with a suspended license and having a felony warrant for their arrest. The driver was arrested on the warrant and driving without a license in the third degree.
• A Lopez deputy stopped a vehicle near the Lopez Village after he saw him speeding. The deputy issued the driver a ticket for speeding and for not having proof of current vehicle liability insurance.
• Deputies responded to a report of an assault. Two subjects were arrested for assault in the fourth degree.
• A Lopez deputy was called to investigate a mysterious blue strobe light in the sky. The source of this light was a tall structure on a neighboring property.
• A Lopez deputy was called regarding a civil disput.
• The reporting deputy was dispatched to a single-vehicle traffic accident in the San Juan Island area. A truck and trailer had lost control on the black ice.
• A deputy took a report of a hit-and-run through a fence and into a field on Orcas Island. The driver caused damage to a fence and a field and fled the scene. The vehicle is believed to be an early 2000s Toyota pickup.
• A deputy responded to a report of a citizen dispute in Friday Harbor. Upon arrival it was determined that the call was a domestic incident, and one male was arrested for assault in the fourth degree, domestic violence. He was booked in jail awaiting his court appearance.
• The reporting deputy was contacted in reference to a lost property call in the San Juan area. The person was reporting an item missing. A report was taken.
• A deputy was dispatched to the Friday Harbor area for a domestic dispute. The reporting deputy arrived and contacted the persons involved.
• A Lopez deputy investigated a citizen dispute.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped a vehicle for expired vehicle registration. The driver was issued a citation.
• A deputy was dispatched to a domestic dispute in the Friday Harbor area. The deputy arrived and contacted the caller.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor issued citations to a driver for failure to wear a seat belt and no proof of liability insurance.
• A Friday Harbor deputy issued citation to a driver for no proof of liability insurance and a warning for an illegal left turn.
• A deputy was contacted at the station regarding suspicious activity at the reporting person’s residence two days prior.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor issued a citation to a driver for not having a valid operator’s license with ID, expired registration over two months, a defective tail lights and failing to stop at a stop sign.
• An Orcas deputy stopped a vehicle on North Beach Road. The driver, a local man, was subsequently issued a citation for speeding 50 mph in a 25 mph zone, having expired registration, no proof of insurance and an invalid operator’s license.
•Deputies were dispatched to a single-vehicle rollover accident. The driver was trapped inside the vehicle and later extricated by Orcas Fire and Rescue. The driver was arrested for DUI.