Submitted by OPALCO
Get involved in your democratic electric co-op.
The second in a series of board work sessions on rates is scheduled for 10 a.m., Friday, Sept. 22 beginning at the OPALCO office in Eastsound. This session will review and compare rate scenarios, examining member benefits and trade-offs.
Orcas Power & Light Cooperative, or OPALCO, is the member-owned cooperative electric utility, serving more than 11,000 members on 20 islands in San Juan County.
The first session on rates, held in June, focused on budgetary issues. The series of workshops is in preparation for a comprehensive cost of service study in 2018.
Fall open-house events are scheduled for the last week of September. These are informal opportunities for members to ask questions and engage in conversation with staff and leadership.
- 4:30 p.m., Sept. 25 Lopez Woodmen Hall
- 5:45 p.m., Sept. 26, Shaw Community Hall
- 6 p.m., Sept. 27, San Juan Island Grange No. 966
- 6 p.m., Sept. 28, Orcas Senior Center
In October, OPALCO will celebrate National Co-op Month in partnership with the Orcas Food Co-op and the San Juan Island Food Co-op. Members are invited to a series of member appreciation events with refreshments, giveaways and fun activities:
- Oct. 12, San Juan Island Food Co-op, 6:30-8 p.m.
- Oct. 18, OPALCO Friday Harbor office, 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Oct. 20, Orcas Food Co-op, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Oct. 24, OPALCO Lopez Crew Station, 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Oct. 25, OPALCO Eastsound office, 9 a.m.-3 p.m.