The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls:
• A deputy responded to an unattended death incident on Lopez. The investigation revealed that the decedent died from natural causes.
• A deputy issued a citation to a driver for speeding in Friday Harbor.
• A Lopez deputy stopped a motorist after he saw her speeding near Lopez Village. The deputy issued the driver a ticket for speeding.
• A deputy contacted a citizen who reported her prescription medication missing.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a reported illegal burn in Eastsound. Upon making contact with the persons at the residence, the individuals became aggressive and hostile. A male suspect was arrested for obstructing an officer. A female suspect was also arrested for assaulting a law enforcement officer.
• A wallet was turned in to an Orcas deputy and placed into lost and found.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a report of a disorderly individual at a clinic.
• A Lopez deputy was contacted regarding an attempted fraud via a phone call. No loss occurred.
• An Orcas deputy took a report of stolen lawn care equipment.
• A deputy was dispatched to reports of a domestic dispute in the Friday Harbor area. The deputy arrived in the area and contacted the persons involved. The incident was verbal only.
• An Orcas deputy stopped a vehicle for speeding on Orcas Road. The driver was arrested for driving under the influence. He was booked into jail.
• A deputy responded to a single-car no-injury accident in Friday Harbor involving a truck that had gone off the road into a ditch. The truck was towed, via a private tow company, and a report was made.
• A Lopez deputy investigated a possible sighting of a missing juvenile.
• A Lopez deputy euthanized an injured deer.
• A deputy on Orcas stopped a driver for driving with a suspended driver’s license. The driver was arrested for driving with a suspended license in the third degree.
• A Friday Harbor deputy was dispatched in reference to a theft. The caller reported medication missing.
• Lopez deputies received a report that a man had exposed himself to two minor girls on a Lopez beach. The incident is under investigation.
• A Lopez deputy investigated a single-vehicle minor injury crash on Center Road. The driver was ticketed for driving with wheels off the roadway after the car had gone off the roadway and struck a tree.
• A Lopez deputy was called about a dog that had been barking for hours. The homeowner was located and the problem resolved.
• A deputy on Orcas issued a driver a citation for speeding 46 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• An Orcas deputy issued a driver a citation for speeding 43 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• A Lopez Island deputy, assisted by Lopez Fire and EMS personnel, successfully rescued three kayakers in distress on the water off Humphrey Head.
• The reporting deputy was dispatched to the Friday Harbor area in reference to a trespassing report. The deputy arrived, contacted the involved person and escorted them from the premises.
• A deputy on San Juan arrested a driver for driving under the influence.
• Deputies responded to a complaint of a fire or illegal burn on Waldron Island. Deputies and a fire chief make contact with the individual.
• A Lopez deputy was called about a distressed dog barking in a locked in a parked car in Lopez Village. The owner arrived before the deputy and resolved the problem.
• A deputy on Orcas issued a driver a citation for 43 mph in a 25 mph zone. The driver was also warned for not having proof of insurance and failure to use a turn signal.
• Abandoned scrap metal items were found on county property near Lopez Fire Station 42. The responsible person will be issued a citation for littering when located.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a report of a domestic violence incident.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a vehicle theft report. The investigation revealed the incident was a family property dispute.
• A deputy on Orcas stopped a vehicle for speeding. The driver was arrested for driving with a suspended license in the second degree, as well as issued a citation for speeding 44 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• A deputy was dispatched to Friday Harbor to a domestic dispute. The deputy arrived and one person was arrested.
• A deputy on Orcas issued a driver a citation for 44 mph in a 25 mph speed zone and a warning for not having proof of insurance.
• A deputy responded to the parking lot of an Eastsound business due to a report of a person peering through several vehicles. Upon arrival, the subject was gone. The deputy waited and the suspect returned, was detained, questioned and ultimately released.
• A deputy was dispatched to a complaint of a dog at large in Friday Harbor.
• A deputy stopped a vehicle for speeding in Eastsound. The driver was issued a citation for having an expired registration of more than two months and given a verbal warning for speeding.