The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A Lopez Island deputy responded to an injured animal complaint. The reporting person stated he unintentionally struck a deer after it ran in front of his vehicle in the 900 block of Ferry Road. The deputy euthanized the severely injured animal.
• A deputy responded to the San Juan County Animal Shelter for a report of a dog roaming at large. The dog had been brought to the animal shelter numerous times for running away.
• A Lopez Island deputy was called to investigate a theft. Agricultural products valued at about $250 were taken over the weekend.
• Deputies responded to a San Juan Island residence in reference to a problem with a juvenile.
• An Orcas deputy stopped a vehicle for an equipment violation. The driver was cited for driving with a suspended driver’s license in the second degree.
• A deputy stopped a motorist for speeding on Fisherman Bay Road near Lopez Village. The deputy issued the driver a ticket for speeding.
• Lopez deputies responded to a clinic where a person was causing a disturbance. The person left before deputies arrived and was contacted later at their residence. The person was advised not to return to the clinic.
• A deputy responded to a citizen assist call in Friday Harbor regarding a female who left some property by a fuel dock. The deputy found the property, contacted the caller and submitted the item for safekeeping at the station.
• A deputy located a wanted subject on San Juan island and placed the subject in custody.
• A SAFE San Juan advocate brought a victim of harassment and stalking to San Juan deputies, who gathered information for a protection order. The deputy wrote a report to start a criminal case. The suspect was located, arrested and booked into jail.
• A deputy stopped a vehicle in Eastsound for an equipment violation. The driver was issued a citation for not having insurance or a valid operator’s license with identification.
• Lopez deputies responded to investigate suspicious circumstances on Shark Reef Road. The resident was contacted and an area check was performed with negative results.
• A San Juan deputy investigated a violation of a protection order.
• A Friday Harbor citizen called to report a theft of an antique camera from his pump house. There is no physical evidence nor any suspects at this time.
• Lopez deputies were notified of an injured deer near the library. The deer had been struck by a car and was mortally injured.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor received a report of an injury collision. The vehicle left the roadway and struck a tree, causing damage to the vehicle and serious injury to the driver.
• An Orcas Island deputy was dispatched to an assault in the Eastsound area. A report was taken. The investigation is ongoing.
• Lopez Island deputies and other first responders were sent to Odlin Park for a report of a capsized kayak with a person in the water 100 yards offshore. The kayaker was able to make it safely to shore before rescuers arrived. He was treated by EMS at the scene and released.
• A Lopez Island woman reported that her vehicle had been struck and damaged by another motorist on Oct. 27. The other driver refused to provide identification or insurance information.
• A Lopez Island man reported a possibly abandoned vehicle in a public space. The owner of the vehicle removed it later in the day.
• A deputy initiated a traffic stop on a vehicle on San Juan Island for a defective brake light. The deputy subsequently cited both the driver and passenger for illegal transport of fish and wildlife in the first degree.
• An Orcas deputy contacted a subject sleeping in their vehicle. The subject was issued a criminal citation for illegal camping.
• A deputy took a juvenile runaway report from a San Juan Island family. Parents said the juvenile was a runaway.
• Town of Friday Harbor staff turned a bike in to the sheriff’s office.
• A Friday Harbor resident came into the station to report property stolen from inside their vehicle. An investigation will follow if further leads or information are obtained.
• A Lopez deputy stopped a motorist after he saw him speeding in the 3100 block of Fisherman Bay Road. The deputy issued the driver a ticket for speeding.
• Deputies responded to a business within the Town of Friday Harbor for a report of an intoxicated juvenile, who was processed and released to the parent.