The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls:
• A deputy on Orcas Island responded to a distraught male subject who was lost and concerned about the location of his girlfriend who had left his presence earlier in the evening. The girlfriend’s whereabouts were known to the deputy. The subject was notified she was safe and he was given a ride home by the deputy.
• An Orcas deputy provided a courtesy ride home to a female subject that was involved in an earlier altercation.
• A deputy was dispatched to an order violation in Friday Harbor. After further investigation, the reporting party was found in violation of the order and was taken into custody.
• Lopez Island deputies responded to a vandalism call on an outer island. Deputies boated over and met with the owner, who showed them the damage done to his property, as well as vandalism on his potato cannon. A report was taken along with photos documenting the destruction.
• A deputy was dispatched to report of harassment in Friday Harbor. After further investigation, a report was taken and forwarded to the San Juan County Juvenile Office.
• A third party administrator out of Dallas, Texas reported that a theft had occurred at one of their foreclosed homes/properties on Orcas Island. Appliances were reported to have been stolen before April 3, 2017. No one is living in the home at this time, according to the deputy’s investigation.
• Deputies on Orcas were dispatched to a domestic violence call. Deputies arrived and found two people in a verbal argument. One of the parties involved left the location after gathering his belongings and a report was taken by the deputy.
• An Orcas Island resident came to the station to report a burglary at his residence.
• A Friday Harbor detective responded with Child Protective Services to the report of a possible assault on a child.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor was called to investigate a domestic dispute. The incident was settled by contact.
• Orcas deputies were dispatched to a report of unwanted persons who were possibly armed. Deputies arrived and found there were no weapons involved, but there was a civil dispute involving a landlord and two tenants.
• A Lopez deputy was contacted regarding an alleged trespassing incident. The suspect left the island prior to the reporting party’s call to dispatch.
• A Lopez deputy consulted a local business owner regarding an unwanted customer.
• Deputies responded to a report of a wanted person in Eastsound. The wanted suspect was found and arrested. A search revealed the subject was in possession of a controlled substance. The suspect was transported to Friday Harbor and booked into jail.
• An Orcas deputy made a late night stop on a vehicle for lane travel. Further investigation revealed there was probable cause to believe the female driver was under the influence. She was arrested, processed and released with a promise to appear in court. Her vehicle was impounded.
• A deputy was dispatched to the Friday Harbor area in reference to an assault report. The reporting deputy arrived and contacted the involved parties. The parties agreed to separate.
• An Orcas deputy conducted a traffic stop and cited the driver for speeding and having no insurance.
• A deputy pulled over a vehicle in Eastsound. The driver was given a ticket for not wearing their seatbelt.
• A case of illegal dumping was reported to the sheriff’s office. The caller said a vehicle had been at an apartment dumping their trash. The “dumper” removed their trash when confronted. No further action is available at this time.
• A deputy responded to a two car collision on Orcas Island. One driver ran a stop sign, went into an oncoming lane and struck another driver’s vehicle head on. The accident causing driver was believed to be under the influence. A search warrant was obtained to take blood from the driver for testing. That driver was also sent off island for treatable injuries. The parties that were hit did not sustain serious injuries.
• A citizen reported a vehicle parked off the roadway near Sutton Road on San Juan. The citizen believed someone used the car to use illegal drugs. A deputy approached the vehicle and found a person in the driver’s seat passed out with obvious signs of drug use around him. The subject was arrested.