- Agreement reached between teachers union and San Juan Island School District - school in session Sept. 2
- Friday Harbor airport construction begins with night work
- No change reported in San Juan School District and teachers' union dispute | Schools may not open Tuesday
- San Juan County Stormwater plan open house week of Sept. 15
- Summer drift card drop to study oil spill impacts in the Salish Sea | FRIENDS of the San Juan’s
- United States Department of Agriculture nutrition guidelines expanded for students
- United Way of San Juan County Day of Caring Sept. 13
- Update | Progress but no agreement in San Juan School District and teachers union talks
- Update | San Juan Island School District and teachers union met through Sunday evening - no settlement reached
- Washington State Ferries weekly update
- Best Bet: don't miss last-ever performance of 'Pickett', tonight
- Dance Happy classes begin Sept. 8
- Featured at the Fair: Blockbuster Saturday; Loop Run, Trashion Fashion, Hit Machine, and more
- Featured at the Fair: Rock-Bot, live karaoke, and you, Friday
- Frazer Homestead Walk | American Camp
- General George E. Pickett: Life & Times
- Lovers beset by stormy seas in 'Enchanted Island'
- Orcas Island Chamber of Commerce Music in the Park
- San Juan Community Theatre
- “War of the Whales” event and book signing | The Whale Museum Friday Harbor
- About Us
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
San Juan Democrats opening headquarters on Fourth of July
The San Juan County Democrats are opening a headquarters, which will be known as "Democracy Corner," on July 4 right after the parade.
The headquarters, located at 28 N. First St., is the former site of Neil's Images and Bison Gallery. Hours will be noon to 5 p.m. seven days a week.
(The Democrats will vacate the office July 18-20 to accommodate the Lummi Arts Festival, which is hosted in part by Friday Harbor House, owner of the building. The Democrats will return to the building after the festival.)
The office, run entirely through volunteer efforts, is designed to be a place to pick up campaign material, talk politics, watch debates and plan efforts for the fall campaign season.
"Those wishing to get involved should drop in to Democracy Corner after July 4," Sarah Crosby said.