The San Juan County Sheriff’s office responded to the following calls.
• Deputies were dispatched to do a welfare check in Friday Harbor.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of an abandoned vehicle. The vehicle was impounded.
• A deputy responded to a Lopez Island business for an unwanted person complaint. A dispute occurred when an employer and former employee had a business-related disagreement. The irate former employee departed prior to the deputy’s arrival.
• A Lopez deputy returned a dog, which was very friendly, to its owner after it went onto a neighbor’s property.
• A Lopez man obtained advice and options from deputies in dealing with a vessel trespassing/stealing moorage and power from a private dock.
• Keene, a golden retriever, found a marine rescue GPS emergency position indicating radio beacon on South Beach on San Juan Island.
• A Lopez man was stopped for defective taillights. He was issued citations for the defective lights and for driving without a valid driver’s license.
• An intoxicated Friday Harbor man was ejected from a local tavern. He was observed stumbling up the street. He stopped and punched out the window of a local business and left before deputies arrived. Evidence is being collected and an arrest warrant will be issued.
• A San Juan deputy was dispatched to a report of a hit-and-run. The driver was located and cited for DUI and hit-and-run.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a trespassing complaint on Fisherman Bay Road. The involved trespasser was located and agreed to depart the property.
• A Lopez deputy investigated a complaint of a road hazard on Center Road. Nothing was found.
• The manager of the San Juan Land Bank brought in a bike that was found. The bike was placed in evidence, pending a claim.
• A deputy issued a driver a ticket for speeding on Orcas Road.
• San Juan deputies investigated a boating accident that occurred at Roche Harbor.
• An Orcas deputy cited the owner of a vessel that was docked at the West Sound county dock after day-use hours for the 10th time.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a domestic dispute in the Friday Harbor area where one person was arrested for domestic violence assault and booked.
• A deputy was dispatched to a hit-and-run in Friday Harbor.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a slow-speed motorcycle collision. The rider was treated by Lopez EMS and released.
• A Saint Bernard was found running at large near Lopez Village. Before the deputy arrived to take the dog to the kennel, the dog owner arrived and took the dog home.
• A Lopez deputy was called to investigate an ongoing trespass issue on Decatur Island.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor received a report of a sex crime.
• Lopez deputies were sent to a trespass situation where houseguests had reportedly overstayed their welcome. Deputies interviewed the involved parties, who agreed to a resolution that kept everyone safe for the night.
• An Orcas deputy issued a driver a citation for speeding on Mount Baker Road.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a report of trespassers on a private beach on the south end. The intruders were gone before the deputy arrived.
• Lopez deputies responded to a report of a subject trying to gain entry to an occupied residence on the south end. The intruder was gone before deputies arrived. No entry was gained and no property was damaged.
• An Orcas deputy responded to an Eastsound business for some property that was left behind. The owner of the property was contacted.
• A deputy responded to a report of an animal bite in Friday Harbor. The involved persons were contacted and an animal bite report was completed.
• A deputy responded to a report of an attempted assault on San Juan Island. The victim was contacted and a written statement collected.
• Orcas deputies responded to a report of a domestic disturbance at Moran State Park. It was found that it was only a verbal argument and not domestic in nature.
• A deputy responded to a domestic dispute in Friday Harbor. One of the people involved had left prior to the arrival of the deputy. There was no sign of physical contact.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a report of a motorcycle versus deer accident at Crow Valley Road and Nordstroms Lane. The driver suffered minor injuries and was treated and released by EMS.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a call of a prowler outside of a residence. A resident observed a subject with a flashlight outside the house.
• Lopez deputies located and arrested a wanted subject at a local business. The subject was wanted on two outstanding arrest warrants for failing to appear in court. He was transported to Friday Harbor and lodged in jail pending a court appearance.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a suspicious circumstance call on Dolphin Bay Road involving a tan Jeep Cherokee. That same vehicle was also involved in another report made by another deputy.
• A deputy responded to a location in Friday Harbor for an unwanted person. The unwanted person was cited for depositing an unwholesome substance after defecating in the parking lot.
• A deputy responded to a trespass complaint in which an island visitor went on private property near the Lopez Village to collect owl pellets and then attempted to remove other items from the property owner’s barn. It appeared the items were put back and the suspect departed.
• A deputy responded to a Lopez Island business regarding a possible theft.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a dog at large. The deputy arrived and contacted the involved people.
• A Lopez deputy was asked to do a welfare check on a Lopez resident.
• A deputy responded to a citizen dispute in the Friday Harbor area and contacted the people involved. The people separated and one left the area.
• A Lopez deputy was sent to check on a suspicious person seen walking in the village area after all the businesses were closed. The man was not found.