The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls:
• A juvenile was reported as a runaway. A missing person report was taken and the investigation is ongoing.
• A San Juan deputy received a report of a hit-and-run of a vehicle. This case is under investigation.
• A Lopez driver was given a warning for failing to yield on a right of way and having no trailer lights.
• A vessel was at a day-use only area in San Juan County’s West Sound dock. The person on the boat was cited for a third time.
• A deputy was dispatched to a possible person driving recklessly and under the influence on Rosario Road on Orcas. An unoccupied vehicle was found. Witnesses said they saw the driver of the vehicle commit a hit-and-run. The case is being investigated.
• A Lopez deputy issued a parking ticket for an unattended vehicle in a ferry lane.
• An Orcas deputy issued two parking tickets for vehicles parked in a trailer-only parking area on Obstruction Pass Road.
• An Orcas deputy issued a notice of infraction to a person for abandoning a vehicle at a local towing establishment.
• A citizen reported a hit-and-run in Friday Harbor. A deputy was able to confirm the accident and damage. The deputy ultimately tracked down the suspect who was issued a citation.
• Two vessels were at the San Juan County West Sound dock at a day-use only area. Both boat owners were cited.
• There was a report of malicious mischief in Friday Harbor. The reporting party wanted it documented. An informational report was taken.
• A deputy and detective were dispatched to a domestic violence situation in Friday Harbor. The suspect was taken into custody.
• Orcas Island deputies responded to a report of property damage at a local business. An unknown subject operated a piece of heavy equipment that damaged multiple vehicles. The investigation is ongoing.
• A deputy was dispatched to a report of theft in the Friday Harbor area. The deputy contacted the involved parties. One subject was arrested for shoplifting.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a welfare check on Old Farm Road. The deputy spoke with the male at the location who said he is dealing with some medical issues but did not need medical assistance. A report and referral to Adult Protective Services and Orcas Cares were made.
• Orcas island deputies responded to a domestic disturbance in the Eastsound area. A local man was taken to Peace Health Medical Center for a mental health evaluation. A report was taken.
• A deputy was dispatched to a boating accident in the Friday Harbor area. The reporting deputy arrived and provided boating accident reports for the involved parties to complete. The investigation continues.
• An Orcas Island Fire and Rescue member turned in a piece of jewelry found at Buck Park and it was booked into evidence.
• A citizen reported an unknown person broke into his car, parked in Friday Harbor, and stole change. An investigation is in progress.
• A Lopez deputy cited a California man for speeding on Fisherman Bay Road after he observed him driving 47 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• A deputy responded to a report of theft of medication in Eastsound. A report was taken. There are no suspects at this time.
• A deputy was dispatched to the San Juan Island area in reference to a dog at large. The dog was taken to the animal shelter and the owner received a warning letter.
• The deputy received a complaint about theft of mail in the San Juan Island area. A report was taken on the incident.
• A deputy stopped a motorist near the Lopez Village after he saw her speeding. The deputy issued the driver a ticket.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor received a report of an animal at large. The deputy did not observe the dog but made contact with the owner.
• A Lopez deputy received a complaint of a vehicle speeding past a motorist in an unsafe manner on Port Stanley Road. The deputy located the offending driver, who was no longer speeding, and issued him a ticket for a defective brake light and expired vehicle registration.
• A Lopez Island deputy responded to a local marina regarding a possible assault. A Seattle woman was airlifted to a mainland hospital by EMS in connection with the incident. The matter remains under investigation.
• A marine deputy contacted a vessel on the water in Eastsound. The vessel operator did not have the mandatory boater’s education and was issued a notice of infraction for the violation.
• The reporting deputy made a traffic stop in the San Juan Island area. The driver was contacted and issued an infraction for passing in a no-passing zone.
• A deputy cited a driver on Orcas Road for speeding 60 mph in a 40 mph zone.
• A deputy took a report of a commercial burglary in Eastsound. No items were discovered being taken, but there was evidence to suggest unauthorized entry had been made. The case is under further investigation.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor received a report of a vehicle accident. After an investigation, the deputy filled out a state accident report.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor received a report of a citizen in need of assistance. The deputy assisted the citizen but also learned information about a possible crime. This case is still under investigation.
• The reporting deputy was contacted in reference to a case of fraud in the San Juan Island area. The caller advised a credit card was used for online purchases that the caller did not make.
• A Lopez Island man reported that he was bitten by a dog without provocation as he walked down the road. The minor bite did not require medical attention. The dog owner was contacted and a report was submitted.
• The reporting deputy was dispatched to a single vehicle accident that occurred in the San Juan Island area. The reporting deputy arrived and located a vehicle off the roadway with no driver.
• A deputy responded to a reported missing person in Eastsound. The missing person was located and was deemed to be ok a few hours later. No further action was required.
• A deputy was contacted in reference to a domestic issue that occurred in the San Juan Island area. A witness statement was taken.
• An officer on Lopez warned against passengers sitting on pickup bed rails while in transit.