The San Juan County Sheriff’s office responded to the following calls.
• An Orcas deputy was dispatched with emergency medical services to a drug overdose in the Eastsound area. Units arrived to find a local woman unconscious and unresponsive. The woman was revived and transported by med-flight to a mainland hospital.
• A Lopez deputy issued a driver a speeding ticket on Fisherman Bay Road.
• Deputies responded to an agency assist call in Friday Harbor. Upon arrival, deputies spoke with the individuals involved, gathered statements and completed a report. The report was referred to the prosecutor’s office.
• Deputies assisted child protective services at a residence on San Juan Island.
• A Lopez deputy issued a citation for failure to wear a seatbelt to a motorist on Fisherman Bay Road.
• Deputies arrested a wanted subject in Friday Harbor.
• Orcas deputies responded to a report of domestic assault. The investigation revealed a known suspect, who had committed several felony and misdemeanor crimes. There were no serious injuries. Law enforcement is searching for the subject.
• A deputy received a report of suspicious activity at a residence on San Juan Island. The reporting party said the activity occurred about two weeks ago.
• A San Juan deputy took a report of a non-residential burglary that happened the night before or early that morning. Cash was stolen from the register. There was no forcible entry and no suspect information is available.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor observed a citizen with two outstanding warrants. The citizen was taken into custody and booked into jail.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a single-vehicle collision at the intersection of Center Road and Fisherman Bay Road. The driver was issued a citation for a stop sign violation.
• A Friday Harbor deputy responded to a report of a woman yelling in the street. The woman was intoxicated and said she was in a fight. An independent witness said the suspect was the aggressor but the other party was gone.
• A deputy took a report of a vehicle theft on Orcas Island. The vehicle was ultimately found badly damaged and is connected with a known collision. The owner of the vehicle has been notified and the vehicle was recovered. The case is still under further investigation.
• An Orcas Island deputy was dispatched to a report of suspicious circumstances. The deputy arrived to find a few personal items in the woods behind the reporting party’s home. The items were logged into evidence and are suspected to be related to an ongoing case.
• An Orcas deputy issued a driver a citation for driving 42 mph in a 25 mph zone on Olga Road.
• An Orcas deputy checked the public restrooms at the Village Green and located graffiti inside the men’s room.
• An Orcas Island deputy issued a driver a speeding citation on Orcas Road.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a report of a residential burglary where cash and a lighter were taken from the residence. This case is still under investigation.
• An Orcas deputy checked the public restrooms at the Village Green again and located more graffiti inside the men’s room.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of a one-vehicle, non-injury accident at the intersection of Mitchell Bay Road and West Valley Road.
• An Orcas deputy was dispatched to a stolen vehicle recovery. The vehicle was extensively damaged and towed from the scene. The owner was notified.
• Deputies responded to a Friday Harbor business for a burglary complaint. Suspect(s) entered the business and stole the weekend receipts. There was no sign of forced entry or physical evidence at the scene. There are no suspects.
• A Lopez Island deputy was sent to assist in the aftermath of a collision of an empty utility trailer and van. The parked trailer was spun by the strong wind gusts, causing the trailer tongue to strike the side of a parked van. The owners exchanged information when the deputy arrived.
• A Friday Harbor resident reported trespassing at a home he has for sale on Cattle Point Road. He checked on the home and found a car with two people he didn’t know in the driveway. They said they were looking at the house, but took off quickly. He got their license number.
• A dinghy was reported stolen on Sept. 21 from Sucia Island in Fox Bay. Someone cut the dinghy line.
• A deputy was dispatched to a domestic dispute in Friday Harbor. The deputy concluded that the incident was verbal only and the parties agreed to separate for the night.
• A Lopez Island woman was ticketed for speeding 65 mph in a 45 mph zone on Center Road.
• A Lopez Island deputy responded to a report of a sailboat blown aground on Fisherman Bay. Attempts to identify and contact the vessel owner are underway.
• A Friday Harbor deputy responded to a report of found property at the post office. The deputy contacted the owner and returned the property.